9 Fun and Colorful Puzzles for Kids
Problem-solving skills don’t need to wait until your child is figuring out if Train A is traveling at 87 miles per hour and Train B is traveling at 84 miles per hour while… You get the picture. Your tot has years until they get to the heavy-duty school stuff, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t building the basics right now. Help your little learner develop cognitive skills, such as critical thinking and memory, with these perfect-for-preschoolers puzzle picks.
1. Melissa & Doug 4-in-1 Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle ($12): Your kiddo is into everything that moves. This wooden puzzle features a race car, steam engine, fire engine, and school bus, all in one pint-sized product.
2. Fat Brain Toys Personalized Name Puzzle ($27): Make learning meaningful with this custom name puzzle. Your little one can start spelling their name while piecing together how the alphabet shapes fit into the wooden base.
3. Quokka Who Works Where Jigsaw Puzzle ($14): Your kiddo is doing more than just putting together a puzzle here. They’re learning about what professional people do too!
4. Red Fish Toys Horse Alphabet Puzzle ($33): Your preschooler will love horsing around with this themed puzzle. They’ll develop early literacy skills, build fine motor abilities, and engage in all-important critical thinking as they turn 26 pieces into one letter-filled puzzle.
5. Kaboochy Mini Wooden Chunky Puzzles ($15 for 6): You’ll get a half-dozen different kid-friendly mini puzzles in this sweet set. They’re perfect for your preschooler to take on a trip, to the park, or just about anywhere else.
6. Imagination Generation Professor Poplar’s Animal Alphabet Puzzle Board ($13): Combine learning letters with animal antics! This colorful puzzle teaches the pre-K set about the alphabet and so much more. And, bonus, this puzzle is made from natural wood and water-based paints.
7. Gybber & Mumu Colorful Shape Puzzle ($8): Geometry might not start showing up until middle school, but your tot can start learning about shapes now, building a solid foundation for more complex academic adventures in the future. This easy puzzle is bright, bold, and perfect for little fingers.
8. Crocodile Creek Jungle Friends Floor Puzzle ($22): These thick puzzle pieces are easy for little hands to grasp. Build this animal artwork on the floor, spreading it out for your kiddo to enjoy after the problem-solving work is done.
9. Joyin Toy Shape & Color Sorting Puzzles ($25 for 4): This multi-use puzzle pick doesn’t just piece together on one flat, horizontal plane; the set of four puzzles will have your tot stacking vertically too. Your kiddo can build spatial awareness skills while actually building!
What’s your go-to toy or activity for building problem-solving skills? Tweet us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.