Last Minute Flapper Costume for Under $40
Halloween is clearly the best time of year at Brit + Co. It’s the time when we get to flex our creativity muscles and DIY some of our favorite costumes. From power couple Hillary and Bill to Stockholm-syndromed Beauty and the Beast, we’ve got you covered, even those who don’t have time or budget to craft a costume of their dreams.
Check it. This amazing flapper outfit (comprised of this headpiece and this dress) is your new Halloween BFF. Not only is it under $40, but it also is available via Amazon Prime, meaning it gets delivered to your door for FREE in TWO days. Give us your lazy, your poor, your last-minute-Halloween-planning asses… we got you! Add a string of pearls, some sexy shoes and you’re ready to go. The best part about this costume is that you can totally wear it again (New Year’s Eve party, done!). So brush off your dancing shoes and Charleston your way to a night of fun.
This costume is the bee’s knees! It’s enough to make a girl dance and shout.
Look at this dress, tho. Watch how it swings, sways and sparkles!
We are obsessed with this headpiece. It’s the perfect look to bring back the feel of the Roaring Twenties.
Take your costume to the next level with these few makeup tips from our beauty pro Misty Spinney:
Misty’s Tips for Flapper Hair:
Misty’s Tips for Flapper Makeup:
I don’t know about you, but it’s looking pretty spot on.
Show us your flapper costume by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
- Start off by setting your hair in pin curls using a small iron wand and pinning them in place so your curls can cool off.
- Once your curls are cool, pull the pins out and gently comb through them with your fingers to fluff them up.
- Place a heavy part, throw on your head piece and then pin up your curls into a faux bob for that vintage sass!
- Keep your base makeup soft and slightly pale. No need to over bronze but definitely hit the apples of your cheeks with a peachy-pink blush!
- Ditch the over blending here — the ’20s are all about that bold drama. Go big with a deep black and charcoal eye where you focus the black in the crease really heavily.
- Keep the charcoal on your eyelids and then pop a bright cream shadow on the inside corners of your eyes to brighten.
- Fully line your eyes with a black eyeliner and then lash up with some falsies to balance those bold babies!
- Keep your brows and lips equally as bold by drawing in a slightly deeper brow than your natural hue and your lips with a liner to really enhance your cupid’s bow (if you don’t have a pronounced one fake it here).
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)