Save It For a Rainy Day: 14 Stylish Coats for Spring
With spring around the corner (Punxsutawney Phil swears there’s only a few weeks of winter left), it’ll soon be time to pack away our parkas and winter boots and start shopping for some new lighter clothes. Spring is almost always accompanied by some serious wet weather, and while we may love the song, most of us don’t actually want raindrops to keep fallin’ on our heads. The perfect solution? Rain coats. Since you can never have enough clothes (as we like to say), here are 14 cute, waterproof coats that you’ll want to wear this spring.
1. Lands’ End Packable Parka ($55): We adore anything colorful or patterned. This just happens to have both.
2. Banana Republic Flared Trench ($225): Now, there’s nothing wrong with a classic trench. But sometimes a girl’s just gotta have more! The flare on the end of this coat gives it a fun and feminine look.
4. Anthropologie Maywood Poncho ($185): Of course Anthropologie would be the one to make a poncho this stylish.
5. The North Face Venture Jacket ($99-119): This jacket is pretty simple, yet perfect for rainy weather. There are so many color options with this one (seriously, 14 colors!), we can’t even tell you how hard it was to choose two of our favorite hues!
6. Wasteland Windbreaker Trench ($72): Yes! The windbreaker is back! Well, not the colorful ones you’re probably thinking about, but this classy black one definitely still counts as a rad ’90s throwback.
7. Aryn K Drawstring Trench ($74): We all have that one unflattering piece of clothing that can make us look, well, like we’re wearing a giant potato sack. You will not have that problem with this awesome drawstring Aryn K coat.
8. Metropolitan Miss Coat ($125): This coat is the exact shade of Dazzling Blue, a featured color of Pantone’s Spring Color Report for this year. It’ll let you stay dry and fashionable at the same time.
9. The North Face Karenna Rain Jacket ($120): This sleek jacket is part of The North Face’s movement to incorporate recycled materials into their products. It contains 99% recycled content by weight!
10. Kate Spade Saturday Wrap Around ($220): We’re Kate Spade fanatics here at Brit + Co., so when the more affordable Saturday line came about, you can imagine how excited we were. This wrap around is an extremely unique take on a trench, and it comes in so many pretty spring colors!
11. Bean’s Mackintosh Coat ($119): If you’re not completely into longer coats, this is the one for you. It’s both light and wrinkle-free, making it a perfect contender for spring travel.
12. The North Face Sophia Rain Jacket ($199): Another jacket with a drawstring? Sign us up.
13. Mink Pink Patrol Anorak ($123): This seems like one of those jackets that just goes with anything. It’s a nice pop of color, but still subdued enough to go with your spring wardrobe.
14. Nasty Gal Draped Jacket ($48): This has got to be one of the most stylish rain coats we’ve ever seen. And while it may not withstand any serious storms, you’ll be sure to look chic during a little drizzle.
Which one of these fabulous rain coats is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)