Save It For a Rainy Day: 14 Stylish Coats for Spring
With spring around the corner (Punxsutawney Phil swears there’s only a few weeks of winter left), it’ll soon be time to pack away our parkas and winter boots and start shopping for some new lighter clothes. Spring is almost always accompanied by some serious wet weather, and while we may love the song, most of us don’t actually want raindrops to keep fallin’ on our heads. The perfect solution? Rain coats. Since you can never have enough clothes (as we like to say), here are 14 cute, waterproof coats that you’ll want to wear this spring.
1. Lands’ End Packable Parka ($55): We adore anything colorful or patterned. This just happens to have both.
2. Banana Republic Flared Trench ($225): Now, there’s nothing wrong with a classic trench. But sometimes a girl’s just gotta have more! The flare on the end of this coat gives it a fun and feminine look.
4. Anthropologie Maywood Poncho ($185): Of course Anthropologie would be the one to make a poncho this stylish.
5. The North Face Venture Jacket ($99-119): This jacket is pretty simple, yet perfect for rainy weather. There are so many color options with this one (seriously, 14 colors!), we can’t even tell you how hard it was to choose two of our favorite hues!
6. Wasteland Windbreaker Trench ($72): Yes! The windbreaker is back! Well, not the colorful ones you’re probably thinking about, but this classy black one definitely still counts as a rad ’90s throwback.
7. Aryn K Drawstring Trench ($74): We all have that one unflattering piece of clothing that can make us look, well, like we’re wearing a giant potato sack. You will not have that problem with this awesome drawstring Aryn K coat.
8. Metropolitan Miss Coat ($125): This coat is the exact shade of Dazzling Blue, a featured color of Pantone’s Spring Color Report for this year. It’ll let you stay dry and fashionable at the same time.
9. The North Face Karenna Rain Jacket ($120): This sleek jacket is part of The North Face’s movement to incorporate recycled materials into their products. It contains 99% recycled content by weight!
10. Kate Spade Saturday Wrap Around ($220): We’re Kate Spade fanatics here at Brit + Co., so when the more affordable Saturday line came about, you can imagine how excited we were. This wrap around is an extremely unique take on a trench, and it comes in so many pretty spring colors!
11. Bean’s Mackintosh Coat ($119): If you’re not completely into longer coats, this is the one for you. It’s both light and wrinkle-free, making it a perfect contender for spring travel.
12. The North Face Sophia Rain Jacket ($199): Another jacket with a drawstring? Sign us up.
13. Mink Pink Patrol Anorak ($123): This seems like one of those jackets that just goes with anything. It’s a nice pop of color, but still subdued enough to go with your spring wardrobe.
14. Nasty Gal Draped Jacket ($48): This has got to be one of the most stylish rain coats we’ve ever seen. And while it may not withstand any serious storms, you’ll be sure to look chic during a little drizzle.
Which one of these fabulous rain coats is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.