The 30 Most Colorful Winter Coats Out There
If you’ve ever asked yourself “what makes an accessory ‘Brit-worthy’?,” the answer is definitely eye-catching color! So it shouldn’t be a surprise that when it comes to what we want to wear this season—from cozy circle scarves and beanies to tech-friendly gloves—the brighter the better. We’re consistent with this technicolor taste when it comes to the ultimate cold weather wearable: winter coats. This season, there’s no shortage of vibrant colored jackets, from bold tones to on-trend pastel hues, and an amazing variety of silhouettes, which means you don’t have to settle on the puffy Michelin man look if you don’t want to. Now’s your chance to add a radiant pop to the snow white landscape with these of 30 colorful winter coats.
1. Asos Dolly Coat ($155): This coats screams girl power. With ladylike details like a flared waist line and Peter Pan collar this bubblegum pink coat looks like something Jackie-O would’ve worn.
2. Asos Coat With Asymmetric Color Block ($155): Pastel outerwear is on trend this winter, and this baby blue coat is right on the money. The asymmetrical collar is an eye-catching detail.
3. Alpine Puffer in Color Block ($298): We love how the color block pattern smartly breaks up this warm winter coat, making it look not quite as puffy as it actually is. Dress it up a bit with a jeweled beanie.
4. Fur Hooded Swing Coat ($130): A rich, emerald green color adds an elegant touch to this parka-style jacket. Stay cozy with a faux fur lined hood and knitted cuffs.
5. Asos Skater Coat With Peter Pan Collar ($164): Here’s another super girly coat that we’re totally smitten with. Its blue grey color adds a touch of sophistication to this skater-skirted zip coat.
6. Collection Ratti Tile Coat ($1,200): This is hands down the most head-turning coat on the roundup. The mosaic tile-like pattern is expertly printed on a warm wool, so you know you’re not sacrificing comfort for a serious statement piece.
7. Wool Notch Neck Coat ($170): This season sees the resurgence of a ‘60s-style silhouette in winter outerwear, complete with cropped sleeves, dropped shoulders, and minimal embellishments. That said, we definitely appreciate the slight eye candy of the cool notched collar.
8. Bellfield Parka Jacket With Faux Fur Trim Hood ($128): If you ask us, a bold colored parka should be a wardrobe staple in everyone’s winter closet. Look closely to see the black striped drawstrings, which add a modern pop to this red number.
9. Alpha Industries Padded Parka With Fur Trim ($490): Go big or go home with this super puffy, super shiny purple parka. This is definitely the way to guarantee you look stylish while you shovel.
10. Y.A.S. Heni Coat in Orange ($291): See, not all wool peacoats have to be stiff as a board. We love the movement you get from the soft wool blend of this bright orange coat.
11. Asos Rainbow Faux Fur Coat ($108): This multi-colored faux fur coat is making us want to skip the leopard print and zebra stripes this season. The lack of pattern makes this coat a more versatile piece that can go with anything from casual jeans to elegant maxis.
12. Teddy Fur Peacoat ($158): OMG this is the fuzziest peacoat we’ve ever seen!
13. Asos Bomber Jacket With Sequin Embroidery and Contrast Back ($77): This is a winter jacket that definitely exudes the glitzy spirit of the holidays, and we totally approve. The shiny yellow back panel looks perfectly in place with the herringbone patterned sleeves and sequined collar.
14. Sydney Color Block Peacoat ($98): Modern details like an off-center closure, zipped cuffs, and color block pattern amp up this classic peacoat silhouette. The combo of maroon and heather grey makes this number a posh pick.
15. Asos Tartan Coat With Tie Front ($88): What a rad plaid! We love that you have the option to cinch the waist with a matching tartan belt or let it hang loose, when the blue and teal plaid can really shine.
16. Asos Biker Cape Coat ($95): We’re straight up swooning over this coat-cape hybrid in a striking royal blue shade. The chunky, asymmetric zip adds some extra edge.
17. Bomber Jacket by Schott NYC ($300): This flourescent orange bomber jacket was made for this roundup! There’s an industrial feel to this slim-fit jacket that totally works for wintertime.
18. Asos Floral Printed Coat ($78): The vivid color palette of this floral patterned coat is to die for. Neon buds burst on an orchid-colored background that’s just as playful as it is sophisticated.
19. River Island Color Block Coat With Fur Collar ($145): If you’re feeling overwhelmed with color, then we suggest giving this coat a try that features only a pop of bright yellow on the cuffs. The neutral colored vertical panels keep this jacket looking fresh.
20. Just Female Wool Belted Coat ($490): It’s official: we’re obsessed with this elegant wool trench. Every element makes this coat look super luxe, from the modern marigold color to the shirt-style back. Oh, and the cashmere blended wool helps, too!
21. Lim Coat ($108): This faux shearling coat is super chic. The faux leather trimmed color block panels make this one of the most modern winter looks we’ve seen.
22. Aztec Ovoid Jacket ($170): We’re digging this sophisticated, two-tone take on tribal pattern. It definitely satisfies our geo-obsessed side.
23. Just Female Zipped Coat ($366): This definitely takes its inspiration from a masculine, military-inspired place, yet there’s still something quite beautiful about its minimalistic touch. You really can’t beat the jacket’s asymmetric zip details.
24. River Island Double Breasted Coat With Black Fur Collar ($118): If you haven’t noticed, pastel colors aren’t just appropriate at Easter anymore. Wear a gorgeous shade of petal pink while it’s white outside with this double-breasted peacoat.
25. Checked Coat ($239): Who knew plaid could look so darn chic? We’re totally mad about how clean this thick pattern looks on a cream peacoat.
26. Stadium-Cloth Cocoon Jacket ($350): It is decided: J.Crew’s cocoon coat is the most covetable of all. Now all that’s left to decide is if we want one in blue or pink!
27. Pistil Snowboard Jacket ($250): Keep it colorful on the slopes with this two-toned snowboarding jacket. The combo of teal and aqua can’t be beat.
28. Asos Petite Exclusive Shamen Coatigan ($77): There might not be anything cozier than a wooly coat-cardigan hybrid (that’s how you get coatigan, you see!). We love that you can snuggle up with this piece both indoors and outside.
29. Color Block Funnel Neck Coat ($398): One thing’s for sure: J.Crew knows how to color block! This funnel neck coat is perfectly partitioned with bursts of color at the neck, shoulders, and waist.
30. Selected Broiche Leather Biker Jacket in Dark Green ($267): This dark green biker jacket is a perfect medium between super edgy black leather and the uber casual brown. The smooth matte finish helps to keep it classy, too.
Do you go all out with a colorful winter coat? Tell us how you bundle up in style in the comments below!