What!? Kate Spade Introduces a DIY Collection
Okay, so if you didn’t know, we are the BIGGEST secret (er, not so secret) admirers of Kate Spade. The colors! The graphical patterns! The funny copy! The fonts! We bow down to you, lady Kate.
If that wasn’t enough, they recently launched a new line called Saturday that is not only a bit less expensive than some of the typical Kate Spade garb, but of which they also pay tribute to something we hold near and dear, the world of DIY.
The new “Color It In” line within the Saturday collection features a Windowpane print that is used on bags, skirts, sandals and more. If you buy the colored fabric markers (as seen below), you can customize your goods in any colors and patterns you’d like. I’m particularly partial to the fact that this is basically a pixelated print — our team mascot, Pixel, needs a new Windowpane dog collar, stat!
3. Half-Circle Scarf ($60): This one would be a lot of fun to customize – we love that there aren’t any “sharp” edges.
4. Fantastic Elastic Wallet ($70): The yellow elastic on this little number provides such a pop that we might only use one or two other colors to color it in.
5. Oh, Snap! Shell ($80): This seems like a good one for a “business in the front, party in the back” design. Leave the front blank and go color-crazy on the back!
6. Zippered Pouch ($25): This is the perfect place to keep your handy set of fabric markers!
7. Saturday Sneaks ($65): We definitely didn’t know that Kate had delved into the world of sneakers – loving these kicks.
8. The Weekender ($150): Not only can you color this bag in, but it is the PERFECT weekend bag. It’s got a bottom zip compartment for shoes, two removable compartments inside, and an itty bitty phone-sized pouch that you can take out for gas station stops and what not.
9. Shape Shifter Dress ($160): Yowza! Loving the cut out on this one.
10. Slip-On Slides ($60): Sweet and simple, we’d love to add an orange and blue pattern to these summery slides.
11. Pillow Cover ($25): We love the idea of stockpiling a den or playroom with piles and piles of these!
12. Gather-Round Top ($85): Such a gorgeous top for spring!
13. The Skinny Jean ($120): This is an on-leg Tetris game just waiting to happen.
15. Oh, Snap! Popover Top ($90): And last, oh snap! What we really want to know is what is that awesome skirt underneath the top?!
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)