Okay, so if you didn’t know, we are the BIGGEST secret (er, not so secret) admirers of Kate Spade. The colors! The graphical patterns! The funny copy! The fonts! We bow down to you, lady Kate.
If that wasn’t enough, they recently launched a new line called Saturday that is not only a bit less expensive than some of the typical Kate Spade garb, but of which they also pay tribute to something we hold near and dear, the world of DIY.
The new “Color It In” line within the Saturday collection features a Windowpane print that is used on bags, skirts, sandals and more. If you buy the colored fabric markers (as seen below), you can customize your goods in any colors and patterns you’d like. I’m particularly partial to the fact that this is basically a pixelated print — our team mascot, Pixel, needs a new Windowpane dog collar, stat!
There are so many fun products available, that we couldn’t choose just one favorite. Which would you swipe up?
3. Half-Circle Scarf ($60): This one would be a lot of fun to customize – we love that there aren’t any “sharp” edges.
4. Fantastic Elastic Wallet ($70): The yellow elastic on this little number provides such a pop that we might only use one or two other colors to color it in.
5. Oh, Snap! Shell ($80): This seems like a good one for a “business in the front, party in the back” design. Leave the front blank and go color-crazy on the back!
6. Zippered Pouch ($25): This is the perfect place to keep your handy set of fabric markers!
7. Saturday Sneaks ($65): We definitely didn’t know that Kate had delved into the world of sneakers – loving these kicks.
8. The Weekender ($150): Not only can you color this bag in, but it is the PERFECT weekend bag. It’s got a bottom zip compartment for shoes, two removable compartments inside, and an itty bitty phone-sized pouch that you can take out for gas station stops and what not.
9. Shape Shifter Dress ($160): Yowza! Loving the cut out on this one.
10. Slip-On Slides ($60): Sweet and simple, we’d love to add an orange and blue pattern to these summery slides.
11. Pillow Cover ($25): We love the idea of stockpiling a den or playroom with piles and piles of these!
12. Gather-Round Top ($85): Such a gorgeous top for spring!
13. The Skinny Jean ($120): This is an on-leg Tetris game just waiting to happen.
15. Oh, Snap! Popover Top ($90): And last, oh snap! What we really want to know is what is that awesome skirt underneath the top?!
Which of these DIY items is your favorite? What other types of things would you like to be able to color in? Talk to us in the comments below.