Re:Make ATX is Here!
One. More. Day. That’s right, y’all. Re:Make Austin is officially here! We’re at Palmer Events Center (hall two!) right NOW DIY-ing like crazy for this weekend’s event. Doors open at 11am tomorrow, and we’ll be around until 6pm on Sunday. If you’re in ATX this weekend, here’s why you should come out to Re:Make ASAP.
2. Tieks Gift Cards: What does everyone love more than free? Discounts on cute shoes, of course! Thanks to our friends at Tieks, every Re:Make attendee will receive a free $50 gift card for Tieks after the event. Just give us your email address at the registration table, and we’ll send it to you on Tuesday May 6th.
3. Giant balloons: No, seriously. We have TONS of giant balloons.
4. Mother’s Day: PSA! Mother’s Day is May 11th. That’s right people. You have a little more than a week to buy something special for mom. HINT: If you stop by our Brit + Co DIY station this weekend, you might just find a Mother’s Day DIY.
5. Three Photo Booths: Take ridiculously awesome photos in not one, not two, but THREE(!) photo booths. Each photo station has been handcrafted with love by the folks at Brit + Co. Get your hashtags ready, #remake2014!
6. So. Much. Tech: Austin, this is your chance to see the latest and greatest maker technology. Always wanted to see a 3D printer? Have you dreamed of playing with a CNC Mill? Want to try your hand a soldering? Welp, thanks to the folks at ATX HackerSpace and the Other Machine Co. you’re in luck! You’ll have the chance to tinker with ALL of those rad tools at Re:Make.
7. LED bracelets and laser cutting: Our friends from TechShop Austin will be setting up shop with DIY LED bracelets and laser cut wall decor.
8. Our favorite makers will be there: No joke, some of our very favorite makers from across the country have traveled to Austin just to hang with you guys. They’ve come from San Francisco, LA, Portland, Minneapolis and more just to connect with creative folks in ATX. We don’t want to disappoint them now, do we ;)
9. A gigantic cornhole game: Need we say more? You have to see it to believe it.
10. Brit HQ: We just can’t say this enough. Our readers (aka you guys) inspire us. We also love hanging out with the Brit + Co. community and can’t wait to meet you. SO if you’re wandering around Palmer tomorrow and you see someone with a Brit + Co. name badge, please say hello. We can’t wait to meet you!
Hope to see you this weekend!