Introducing 21 New Ways to Use Paper Straws (Not Just for Sippin’)
There’s just something fun about sipping your favorite drink through a colorful tube. But there’s more than one way to enjoy everything — including the humble straw. (And we’re not talking spit balls!) We love being creative with ordinary objects, which is why we’re getting crafty with our straws. Round up those leftover straws and get ready for 21 DIY straw repurposes, from party props to DIY pixie stix.
1. Straw Paper Easel: Considering that the only materials required are paper straws and glue, this DIY is thrillingly easy. Make mini easels in a variety of sizes and use them to show off your photos and the kiddos’ artwork, or turn them into colorful place-card holders. So clever! (via Wants and Wishes)
3. DIY Pixy Stix: Remember Pixy Stix, that sweet-‘n’-sour powdered candy you loved as a kid? Make your own with paper straws! You get total control of the sugar content, plus you can choose straws to match your party decor. (via Cupcake Project)
8. Sweet Sips for Mom: Gift a bouquet of flowers that never dies. Not only do these blooms make a beautiful bouquet, but they’re totally useful too. Gift them alongside glass bottled drinks for the ultimate effect. (via Oh Joy)
10. Fruit Pops: This eye-catching sweet is stunning on any dessert table. They make perfect little wands for a princess party or stunning sparkler-style treats for patriotic holidays. In true sparkler fashion, they’re sure to be extinguished quickly… chomp, chomp! (via Bakers Royale)
11. Straw and Paper Airplanes: Straws and paper strips come together to create paper planes with a modern twist. These mini aircrafts are meant for little hands to enjoy, and it is such an easy DIY that kids can get in on the crafting too. (via DIY Network)
14. Straw Bunting DIY: If you just happen to have some leftover straws hanging about, turn them into a modern, three-dimensional bunting. We’re lovin’ the bright neons in this version, but stripe straws would make a cool garland too. (via Smile and Wave)
16. Printable Chalkboard Letters Cake Bunting: Transform an average cake (or cupcakes) into a party-worthy treat by decorating it with this charming chalkboard cake bunting. Just print the letters, fold, glue and attach to straws. (via Yellow Bliss Road)
17. Banana Pops: Food on a stick is our fave… especially when the “stick” is actually a pretty paper straw. Spear banana slices, then dip ’em in chocolate and load up the toppings. (via Bakers Royale)
Are you a sucker for paper straws, too? Share your favorite use for these sippers in the comments!