Nail Your New Years Resolutions With 21 Pieces That’ll Actually Make You Want to Work Out
For many of us, 2016 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
Style resolutions change from year to year, but staying fit is always on top of our priority list. And best believe we’re always up for test-driving the latest fitness app or giving a new class a go. That said, sometimes hitting the gym is easier said than done. Inspired get-fit gear — a colorful pair of trainers, an Insta-worthy hoodie, chic gym bag or hot yoga pants — can, however, change our tune. Whether you’re a bona fide yoga or Soul Cycle enthusiast, here are 21 scene-stealing workout essentials that will have you hitting the gym in style.
1. Ban.do Work It Out Gym Bag ($28): Baby steps, people! Taking your get-fit game to the next level in the New Year isn’t going to happen overnight — and this sassy gym bag totally gets it. Take a cue from this blush duffle and treat yo’self after hitting your weekly fitness goals — be it grabbing a slice with your gym buds or getting a mani at the spa.
2. P.E. Nation Jumpstart One Piece ($169): Let this be the year that you finally take the plunge and give a new activity a try. Be it water aerobics or swimming laps before work, hitting the pool is a killer way to get in a cardio sesh. But before you dive in, snagging a chic one-piece swimsuit is essential. Our pick? This bold style from P.E. Nation. Between the statement stripes and zip-up detailing, this sporty number is sure to make a splash.
3. Free People Cleo Reflective Legging ($148): Don’t let the lack of daylight keep you from getting a workout in. These reversible leggings feature a cool reflective print that’ll keep you safe and rack up the style points while you nail that sweat sesh.
4. Leone 1947 8oz Flash Two Tone Boxing Gloves ($38): Boxing is the latest trend to take the fitness world by storm, with models like Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss putting the don’t-mess activity on the map. We’ll definitely be adding it to our rotation this year, along with these punchy pink gloves.
5. Zara Hooded Mesh Jacket ($60): Bold and bright color might not fly with your style sensibilities 90 percent of the time, but when it’s time to work on your fitness, the more vibrant, the better. Oversized and eye-catching, this mesh jacket is the perfect fit for your warm up or a quick jog around the block.
6. The Upside Shimoda Printed Stretch-Jersey Sports Bra ($90): Low-intensity activities — yoga, pilates and spin — call for a supportive, yet non-restrictive sports bra that’ll keep the girls in check without cramping your style. Found it. Beyond the playful blueprint, the Shimoda sports bra wins major points in our book for its compression stretch-jersey fabric and removable padding.
7. S’well Waikiki Water Bottle ($35): The key to crushing that workout? Staying hydrated. There’s no way you’ll forget to toss this bright tropical stunner into your gym bag.
8. Free People Lunar Legging ($88): Take your yoga practice to the next level with this pair of high-waisted leggings that offer maximum coverage. Major bonus: Not only are they easy on the eyes, but they’re made of sweat-wicking fabric that will leave you cool and collected, even when you’re in a headstand.
9. Victoria’s Secret The Player Victoria Sport Logo Tank ($20): Feeling your motivation running thin come hump day? Allow this go-get-‘em tee to lift you out of the midweek doldrums. The open back is perfect for showing off a vibrant sports bra and keeping you cool as you slay those squats.
10. Nike Free TR 6 Print Women’s Training Shoe ($110): Fact: A killer workout starts with a sick pair of kicks. Whether it’s the fresh color or streamlined silhouette, we can’t say, but there’s something game-changing about a pair of sneakers that can tear you away from a serious Netflix-and-chill sesh and get you into the gym.
11. Manduka Yogitoes Mat Towel ($64): Sweaty palms are the bane of every yogi’s existence, which makes this lightweight towel a must. The absorbent fabric and skid-free rubber design offer a no-slip grip on the mat that’ll make downward dog a total breeze.
12. Zara Contrasting Crossover Top ($23): This crossover top gives new meaning to the phrase ballet beautiful. Channel your inner dancing queen by rocking it for an upcoming barre class with high-waisted leggings for a chic look that’ll take you from the studio to a post-workout coffee date with the girls.
13. Free People Varsity Jumper ($78): Free People consistently nails it in the activewear department, and this go-with-the-flow onesie is straight-up fitness #goals. Say sayonara to the days of pulling up your leggings every five seconds, because this lightweight number isn’t going anywhere.
14. Forever21 High Impact Sports Bra ($16): Girl, you were born to stand out in this come-hither sports bra that exudes HBIC appeal with its zip-front design. Play it cool by pairing it with leather-look leggings, a bomber jacket and marbled sneakers FTW.
15. Forever21 Active Marled Knit Leggings ($20): Achieve street style stardom even when you’re hitting the gym with these multi-paneled leggings that perfectly capture 2017’s sheer trend. Let your sartorial guard down? Never!
16. Free People Rainbow Runner Top ($78): Doesn’t this rainbow top make you want to conquer one more set of burpees or hold that plank pose just a little longer? (We can dream, right?) For a total throwback look, DO pair them with the matching leggings and neon trainers.
17. Fitbit Alta ($130): While some might knock fitness trackers, we love that little extra push they give us to get up and move. And with 22k gold plating, this sleek wristband won’t cramp our style.
18. P.E. Nation Man Down Jacket ($179): During your early morning warmups, you’ll need a jacket that will protect you from the elements and motivate you to move. This oversized number is it, boasting strong street style appeal and water-resistant fabric to boot.
19. Free People Wrap It Up Vest ($78): It’s cold AF, but you’re not about to let plummeting temps keep you from crushing those fitness goals. Whether you’re heading to the gym or getting in an early morning run, this sleeveless performance pullover adds that little extra layer of warmth to get you through your toughest outdoor workouts and warmups.
20. Forever21 Active Metallic Pants ($23): Athleisure game strong. These metallic joggers are so chic that they need not be confined to your get-fit routine. In fact, we recommend teaming them with an oversized sweater and loafers for a foolproof off-duty look.
21. Victoria’s Secret Sport Logo Tee ($27): When your workout heats up, this airy tee will keep you cool. Bonus: The breezy design will show off those killer back muscles and bomb sports bra.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.