8 Fitness Pros on What They Always Keep in Their Gym Bag
Stocking your gym bag with all the right things is seriously important for ensuring you actually make it to the gym. After all, the less you have to think about packing all your stuff, the more likely you are to have a seamless transition from home to work to gym, or vice versa. It’s not just throwing in your best sneakers and workout gear either. You have to make sure you’ve got the ideal nutrition, beauty and tech items too. So who better than fitness instructors to tell you what you need to keep stocked in your gym tote? We asked eight of our favorites to tell us what sweaty essentials they can’t live without.
1. Steph Dietz, Lead Cycologist at Cyc Fitness: “Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 On-Ear Wireless Headphones ($300) are my absolute favorite! With having to make playlists every day, it’s important to have something comfortable and quality on my ears, and it doesn’t hurt that they are so stylish!” We definitely wouldn’t mind wearing these gold stunners around town.
2. Allie Cohen, Trainer at Barry’s Bootcamp: “Invisibobble Hair Ties ($8, pack of three) are my favorite because they keep my hair in place and look cute on your wrist. You would think they would get tangled, but actually, these don’t leave any dents in your hair and don’t tangle!” It’s true (we can speak from experience): These fun little hair fasteners are the best. Plus, they won’t leave a mark on your wrist like regular elastics.
3. Alexis Novak, Yoga Instructor at Love Yoga Space: There’s nothing better than not just smelling okay after a workout, but actually smelling GOOD. “I love GIVESCENT ($49),” says Novak. “This small bottle holds the perfect refreshing, not overpowering, hypoallergenic formula to have you smelling and feeling beautiful after your workout. Designed by a yoga instructor for the mindful man or woman.”
4. Jill Franklin, Owner of Aerial Physique: “The J-Boss Jumpsuit ($110) is a must-have item I carry with me everywhere I go! This two-toned onesie appears to be two pieces. It’s perfect for aerial and yoga classes, not to mention it’s super comfy. No more worrying about your shirt rising up when you go upside down!” True that — not having to worry about your shirt flying in your face is pretty key when you’re attempting tough yoga poses or trying out aerial fitness.
5. Taylor Gainor, Co-Founder of LIT Method: “I spray Herbivore’s Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist ($32) on my face if I’m on the go after a sweaty workout — it keeps me looking fresh and my skin hydrated!” Who doesn’t love a refreshing face spray? Pro tip: Give this a try before an early morning workout to help you wake up!
6. Emma Belluomo, Instructor at IMAXShift: “Right now in my bag I have Savvy Traveler Cleansing Wipes ($10 for 10), my headphones, an RXBAR ($26 for 12), my water bottle and an extra pair of socks.” FYI, headphones were pretty constant across all instructors, so those seem to be a universal must-have, no matter what your workout of choice is!
7. Nikki Warren, Co-founder of Kaia FIT: Warren is super into Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer powder ($50), a supplement many people take before getting their sweat on to help them stay high energy. “The lemon-lime is my favorite flavor of this plant-based energizer that gives me an all-natural energy boost without the jitters that come from your typical pre-workout.”
8. Stephanie Petruccio, Instructor at SLT: “I have rosacea on my cheeks and strenuous activity is a trigger for it (how perfect for a fitness instructor, right?!). Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths ($12 for a two-pack) are my go-to because they do not irritate my skin and leave me feeling refreshed!” Sometimes the simplest things are the best.
What do you always carry in your gym bag? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)