8 Ways to Wear the Reverse Makeup Trend
Take a moment to forget everything you’ve ever known about makeup and flip it on its head, because reverse makeup is here, and it’s straight-up fire. While there’s nothing wrong with a traditional cat eye or contour, these reverse makeup styles add a new twist to your everyday beauty looks. From strobing and inverted cat eyes to an upside-down smokey eye, we dare you to be bold and try all of these looks below — just not all at once.
1. Inside Out Ombre: No bad ombres in sight! This reverse pigment trend isn’t just for your hair anymore. Give dimension to your pout with this one-of-a-kind design.
2. Inverted Cat Eye: Show the inner corners of your eyes some love by creating an inverted cat eye. Make it pop with a bold shadow and dramatic falsies.
3. Upside Down Smokey: A smokey eye is a great way to add some drama to a natural look. Switch it up with an upside-down version with Ariel-approved hues and textures.
4. Reversed Liner: Va-va-voom! This reverse lined eye completely transforms this no-makeup-makeup look that’s perfect for nine-to-wine all-day style.
5. Strobing + Bold Lip: Sorry, contour. We’re all about strobing. Make your face shine bright like a diamond by only highlighting the highest points of your face. Boom, shimmer.
6. Reverse Cat Eye in Blue: Up your beauty game with this out-of-this-world eye and lip combo. To make your cat eye more transparent, lightly rub it with your finger to blur the lines.
7. Strobing + Monochromatic Makeup: If you want to take your spring beauty game to the next level, highlight your features by way of strobing. Complement your look with a monochromatic makeup combo that’s hard to ignore and all the rage on our Insta feeds.
Want more makeup trends? Of course, you do! Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!