Long summer days are made for great road trips. Whether you’re driving down a coast or trekking cross-country, time on the road is guaranteed to create long-lasting memories. But time in a car can be painful if you don’t prepare properly. Before you start your journey, make sure you have all the products to make traveling — no matter how many miles you’re covering — a breeze. From snacks to emergency kits, here are the essentials to pack with you.
1. YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler ($200): Pack everyone’s favorite drinks in this handy cooler, which is leakproof, water- and mildew-resistant, and can hold up to six cans.
2. Samsonite Freeform 21″ Spinner ($160): Efficient luggage is key for a good road trip — this hard shell suitcase is sturdy, lightweight, and spacious, and the spinner wheels make it easy to haul around.
3. Biossance Squalane + Micronutrient Fine Mist ($32): Arrive at your destination looking refreshed by using this hydrating mist.
4. Hydro Flask 24 oz. Water Bottle ($34): Make sure everyone stays hydrated with an insulated bottle that can hold plenty of water and keep it cold for up to 24 hours.
5. Roka Phantom Alloy Lightweight Aviator Sunglasses ($125): Stay stylish in any seat with a pair of ultralight aviator sunglasses.
6. Anker PowerCore Portable Charger ($50): This tiny high-speed charger has two USB ports and will ensure all your devices stay powered up.
7. Un Air de diptyque Car Diffuser ($60): Car air can get stale, to say the least. Replace your cheap hanging air freshener with this mini diptyque diffuser, which will make your ride smell (and feel) more luxurious.
8. Rumpl Stuffable Fleece Pillowcase ($25): Unless you’re the driver, chances are, you’ll take at least one cat nap during a long road trip. Rest your head on a pillow that has nylon fabric on one side and fleece on the other and can be stuffed to your preference.
9. Clorox Laundry Pens ($11 for 4): Because it’s not a matter of if you’ll spill something on yourself in the car, it’s a matter of when. This pack comes with pens that can clean up stains on both white and color clothing.
10. Fjallraven Hip Pack ($50): Stash all your valuables close by with this hip pack, which is ready to go wherever and whenever you go.
11. KIND Protein Bars ($24 for 12): No one wants hanger to show up as an unwanted passenger. Have snacks on hand to keep everyone’s stomachs happy until your next stop. These bars also have 12 grams of protein.
12. ban.do I Believe in Vacation Tee ($38): Get into vacation mode with a t-shirt that helps express what you truly believe in.
13. New Balance Light Packjacket ($95): A light layer is useful when temperatures change or A/C is especially aggressive. This jacket even packs into its back pocket to take up minimal space in your luggage.
14. Audible Audiobooks ($15/month): When there’s a lull in conversations or radio stations get stale, turn to an audiobook to keep everyone entertained.
15. Sun Bum Original Moisturizing Sunscreen ($16): Just because you’re in a car doesn’t mean you can’t get sunburned; put on some sunscreen before or on the road.
16. Tummydrops Ginger ($10): For anyone who gets motion sickness, these ginger drops may help ease the pain.
17. BAGGU Standard Reusable Shopping Bag ($12): A reusable bag is eco-friendly and handy no matter where you are.
18. Birkenstock ‘Arizona’ White Birko-Flor Sandal ($100): These Birks are great for summer and comfy to wear in and out of the car.
19. Wonderful Pistachios, No Shells ($6): Eating pistachios without having to deal with the shells make them taste even more delicious. You may need to pick up an extra bag because you’re not going to want to share.
20. Lysol Disinfecting Wipes ($17 for 4-Pack): When rest stop bathrooms are less than ideal, these disinfecting wipes will take care of unwanted germs. This four-pack comes with both lemon and lavender scented wipes.
21. First Secure 90-Piece Car Emergency Kit ($58): Always be prepared. This kit comes with jumper cables, a first-aid kit, a portable air compressor, a headlamp, tools, and more.