Bridget Jones’s Baby brought our favorite singleton heroine back on screens and into our lives last weekend, reigniting both our love of rom coms and travel. Our friends at HomeToGo helped us combine the two with a list of vacation destinations (with housing options) inspired by some of our favorite romantic comedies. Get your passport and hearts ready.
1. London, England (Bridget Jones series): Bridget Jones may not always have her life perfectly put together, but you can at least look like you do. Head to this posh flat in central London and enjoy the country that gave us Downton Abbey, Cadbury chocolate and Colin Firth.
2. Barcelona, Spain (Vicky Cristina Barcelona): We can’t guarantee your vacation in Barcelona will be filled with a spontaneous love triangle involving a handsome Spanish artist, but there are plenty of other cultural experiences to be had — think of the Gaudi architecture and all of the tapas. This apartment has a terrace with a relaxing view of the sea, ideal for your afternoon siesta.
3. Paris, France (Midnight in Paris): You don’t have to travel back in time to the Paris of the ‘20s — and its abundance of artists and literary giants (Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Gertrude Stein, to name just a few) — to appreciate the city’s romance. Stay in this charming apartment in the 18th arrondissement and enjoy the present day cafe culture, or head down to the Moulin Rouge (also in the 18th) for a glimpse of history.
4. Manhattan, New York (Trainwreck): The Big Apple has something for everyone, whether you’re into Central Park, the OG cronut or Madison Square Garden (who can forget Amy Schumer’s amazing turn as a Knicks City Dancer?). If it’s epic nightlife you’re after, look no further than the East Village, full of trendy bars and restaurants. When you’re ready to call it a night (or morning), head back to this colorful pad and get ready to do it all over again.
5. Los Angeles, California (La La Land): One of the best-reviewed films coming out of the Venice and Toronto Film Festivals is a musical about a young couple falling in love. Your favorite on-screen couple, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, have never looked so enchanting, and neither has the City of Angels. Escape to la la land (mentally and physically) with this modern abode in downtown, just a side step away from some of the city’s most historic theaters.
6. Rome, Italy (Eat, Pray, Love): It’s no wonder the first stop in Julia Roberts’ journey to self discovery started with exploring the beauty and, more importantly, food of Italy. Stay at this cute apartment in the heart of Rome and wander down the cobblestone streets to throw a coin into the nearby Trevi Fountain or just to walk off some of that delicious pizza you will most definitely eat.
7. Sitka, Alaska (The Proposal): We can think of worse things than being *forced* to marry Ryan Reynolds (ironically, a Canadian IRL) to get a green card. Head up to this Alaskan getaway to become one with nature and take in some breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean (unfortunately, Ryan chopping wood in the backyard is not included).
8. Oahu, Hawaii (Forgetting Sarah Marshall): If there’s any place to go to forget about an ex and/or find love again, it’s the tropical paradise of Hawaii. You don’t have to be a rockstar like Aldous Snow to stay at Turtle Bay Resort; book this beachfront villa and let the waves carry your worries away.
Which of your favorite rom-com destinations did we miss? Tweet them @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)