We’re all about enjoying a fresh pastry for breakfast, but it turns out, they’re just as good for dinner too. Think about it — pot pies with a top or bottom crust are technically pastries (and so delicious!). And a galette is one of the tastiest ways to add more vegetables to your diet. To put together a satisfying and tasty meal, read on for 15 savory pastry recipes.
1. Spinach, Artichoke, and Chicken Puff Pastry Parcels: Make your favorite dip dinner-worthy with this recipe. Add chicken to a creamy blend of spinach, artichokes, and cheese, then wrap it all up in puff pastry for a crispy treat. (via From a Chef’s Kitchen)
2. Gruyere, Mushrooms, and Caramelized Onion Tarts: Sweet, nutty, tangy alpine cheeses (like Gruyere) bring out the best of deeply caramelized mushrooms and onions. Pile them atop a puff pastry crust, and these tarts are perfect for dinner parties or nights when you want to treat yourself. (via Ev’s Eats)
3. Carrot Galette With Fontal Cheese and Fennel Crust: Thinly sliced carrots and leeks are topped with fontal cheese and thyme in this recipe, making for an elegant, satisfying meal. (via Kristin’s Kitchen)
8. Russian Egg and Onion Hand Pies: If you like egg salad, you’re bound to love these Russian hand pies. Skip the mayo, add tons of fried onions and dill, and you’ve got yourself a hearty meal. (via Imagelicious)
10. Sausage and Kale Puff Pastry Pockets: Sausage and kale are one of our favorite flavor pairings. In these puff pastry pockets (like a savory take on Pop Tarts), they’re bound with Parmesan and mozzarella, so each bite is a cheesy delight. (via Vintage Kitty)
12. Roasted Broccoli, Potato, and Sausage Tart: You won’t have to worry about going to bed hungry after enjoying this tart. It’s chock-full of potatoes, broccoli, chicken sausages, and cheese. (via Yay! For Food)
13. Philly Cheese Steak Stromboli: Sometimes food hybrids make for the best meals, like this Philly cheese steak disguised as a stromboli. Serve it with plenty of marinara sauce for dipping. (via Gimme Delicious)