Hello, Gorgeous! 15 Sweet and Savory Galette Recipes
No time to rustle up a pie dish or tart pan? Enter the galette. Rustic, but no less impressive than its aforementioned flaky-crusted counterparts, the general formula goes something like this: roll out dough, transfer to a cookie sheet, top, crimp the dough over the filling and bake. Kind of awesome, right? These 15 fantastic galette recipes will have you flexing your pastry-making muscles like a pro in no time, even if you’ve never handled a rolling pin before!
1. Apple Galettes With Whiskey Salted Caramel Sauce: It’s a good thing these open-face apple pies are personal-sized — you’ll definitely want to keep a couple all to yourself! (via Portuguese Girl Cooks)
10. Samosa Galette: Transform a favorite Indian food into this clever tart. Bonus: Throwing together a samosa galette is so much easier than forming the traditional, personal-sized pyramid shapes. (via Food, Pleasure and Health)
11. Peach Fig Galette With Coconut Whipped Cream: Peach and figs play together nicely in this romantic treat that gets just a touch of tropical flair from coconut whipped cream. (via Nutrition Stripped)
13. Plum Galette With a Whole Wheat Crust: Using a combo of all-purpose and whole wheat flours is the trick to achieving a tender, flaky crust while still getting a dose of healthy whole grains. (via Food52)
14. Rye Galettes With Caramelized Fennel, Apple + Goat Cheese: A cupful of rye flour adds a distinct taste to this savory galette. Combining it with white flour keeps it from overwhelming the filling’s flavors. (via A Tasty Love Story)
Which of these gorgeous galettes are you craving? Share your favorites with us on Facebook!