These 15 Savory Galette Recipes Are Like Homemade *Hot Pockets*
More rustic than a pie or tart, galettes are the kind of no-fuss pastry that’s just *perf* for a newbie baker — or anyone who’s just not that keen on handling dough. Just roll, fold, and bake; in 20 minutes you’ll have yourself a dish that may or may not remind us of homemade Hot Pockets. Here are 15 galette recipes that will have you making pastry like a pro, even if you’ve never touched a rolling pin before.
2. Zucchini and Heirloom Tomato Galette With Garlic Yogurt Sauce: This whole wheat galette features thinly sliced zucchini and a garlicky yogurt sauce that’s like a love letter to your taste buds. (via Veggie and the Beast)
3. Ricotta, Potato, and Spring Pea Galette: You’re looking at a peppery butter crust that’s lined with hearty potatoes, then topped with fresh spring peas, ricotta cheese, and a zesty lemon dill drizzle. You get a burst of spring flavor in every bite. (via Baking the Goods)
4. Rustic Goat Cheese, Chorizo & Mushrooms Galette: Spicy chorizo and creamy goat cheese are a perfect pairing in this hearty galette. A dash of hot paprika gives it an extra zingy bite. (via Del’s Cooking Twist)
5. Rustic Prosciutto and Kale Galette: If you’re always looking for ways to sneak in your daily greens, this baby is your jam. You gotta love veggies when they’re delivered pizza-style! (Honest Cooking)
6. Vegan + Gluten-Free Heirloom Tomato Galette With Dill Cashew-Cream: Thanks to a flakey brown-rice flour crust and luscious cashew-cream “cheese,” this galette is sure to become the go-to for any GF peeps in the house. (via Black, White, Vivid)
7. Caramelized Leeks, Shallots, and Pancetta Galette: Something truly awesome happens when leeks and shallots are caramelized in the fat of salty fried pancetta. This recipe looks easy-peasy, but the taste is pure culinary magic in your mouth. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
9. Spicy Sweet Potato Galette With Broccoli, Bacon, and Balsamic Reduction: This veggie bonanza is easy-peasy to make, because the recipe is jump-started with store-bought dough. No one at the table will be able to tell. (via Cooking and Beer)
10. Bourbon Gouda & Smoked Ham Galette With Brandied Cherries: If there’s any better taste trio than cheese, pork, and whiskey we haven’t seen it yet. Seriously, you had us at *Gouda.* (via Grilled Cheese Social)
11. Savory Mushroom Tart Recipe With Shallots & Rosemary: Shallots, mushrooms, and Gruyere cheese are a French cooking classic with good (read: tasty) reason. (via A Side of Sweet)
15. Leek and Potato Galette With Pistachio Crust: Adding pulsed pistachios to this crust is pure GENIUS! When all that nutty dough crisps up in the oven, the sight, smell, and taste will have everyone within a 10-mile radius swooning. (via Bon Appetit)
If you love these rustic galettes, follow us on Pinterest for more recipes.