The bob hairstyle has never spent too much time out of the spotlight, due to its chic cut and versatile style. Seriously, it looks good on everyone. And because we know the bob (or lob) isn’t going to disappear anytime soon, we’re looking to our favorite Insta stars for inspo on the hot-right-now take on the trend: the shaggy bob. This heavily layered ‘do is is what ’70s dreams are made of, and it has bedhead vibes written all over it. Take it from these 11 Instababes who have been strutting this ultra-chic, messy ‘do: The bob is here to stay.
1. ’70s Blowout: Go back in time with this throwback bob style. Modernize the look by parting your bangs down the middle, and add some loose waves for good measure. Festival hair? We think yes.
2. Static Waves: Achieve ultimate beach-babe status with killer blonde shaggy waves. Backcomb the ends for texture and volume, and spritz your roots with a bit of hairspray to keep it matte and in place. Add a bandana to keep the nape of your neck sweat-free, and you’re all set for soft sands and piña coladas.
3. Bangin’ Bob: Add intrigue to your shaggy bob by contrasting your bangs with the rest of your locks. This summer-ready look will take you from a day hike to cocktails on the patio, no touchups necessary.
4. French It-Girl: If you’re obsessed with all things French, add a cheeky beret to your tousled strands. Keep your makeup look minimal save for a light moisturizer to achieve that dewey, clean finish.
5. Deep Roots: Need a cut + color that’s easy to manage but still super chic? This layered ombre style will grow out subtly, so you won’t have to head to the salon every few weeks to keep it fresh.
6. Platinum Edge: Double up on hair trends by sporting a textured bob in your fave rainbow hue. This look is perfect for running errands on the weekend or seeing the sights on an urban vacay.
7. Floral Romance: If you’re going to a festival this summer, pair your shag with a DIY paper flower crown. With sweet pink lips and a chic boho maxi, you’ll be looking stylish AF all weekend long.
8. Curled Up: This vlogger’s natural ringlets look so cute in a short layered bob. Volume is your friend here, so embrace the texture yo mama gave you for a fun-loving, wear-anywhere look.
9. Shaggy Business: This bedhead shag is your new go-to style for all your morning meetings. Once 5pm rolls around, opt for a no-shirt policy and just wear the blazer as a top.
10. Grungy Bob: Thinking about growing out your bangs but don’t know what hairstyle you should rock? Try this shaggy, long-layered bob with subtle highlights. Switch up the placement of your longer bangs — side-swept one day, middle-parted the next — and you’re set for summer.
11. Golden Affair: Bring some romance to your ‘do by lightly curling the ends and running your fingers through it. Opt for a red lip and a white boyfriend tee to keep those spring vibes going all day long.
Are you going to rock the shaggy bob? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.