12 Essentials for Throwing a Fin-Tastic Shark Week Premiere Party
Whether your shark fascination has been put on hold for a whole year or you’ve just been brainstorming Shark Week premiere party ideas, you’re probably chomping at the bit (#sorrynotsorry) to get your shark on. If you’ve been known to set the Jaws theme song as a ringtone (no judgment) this time of year, make sure your summer party is just as ferocious with a fin-tastic shark theme your guests will love. We dove in head first and came up with 12 cant-live-without party ideas for your Shark Week watch party. Grab that shark coozy DIY from last year and dive in at your own risk…
1. DIY Shark Stir Sticks: Make those cocktails feel a little more dangerous with a shark stirrer. Drill a hole halfway through a bunch of plastic shark toys, insert a wooden dowel and you’ll have a fierce bunch of stir sticks for your party. (via Let’s Mingle)
2. DIY Marshmallow Pops: An edible marker and blue colored chocolate melts can transform plain marshmallows into a dessert that doubles as decor. This one’s especially good if your guests are bringing their kiddos. Or they’re just kids at heart. (via The Decorated Cookie)
4. Pool Cooler: Get creative with the drink display and ditch your usual cooler for a kiddie pool. Your guests will be able to see exactly what’s left instead of feeling around in those shark-infested waters… er — ice. (via The High Heeled Hostess)
5. Shark Fin Cake Pops: Bake up a batch of cake pops and add a fondant fin for an easy and fun dessert everyone will love. Be sure to make a double batch — these will go faster than you can say “Get outta the water.” (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
7. Printable Food Labels: Something as simple as printing out these cute food labels can make a big impact without costing any money. And how cute are those fish-shaped sandwiches? (via Pretty Providence)
9. Hello My Sweet Silverware Sleeves ($4): Available for instant download and print, these silverware sleeves also double as a bottle wrap. Set out a few Sharpies and have guests write their name on them so no one loses their drink.
10. Fun Shark Facts: Shark Week is fairly educational by its own nature, but don’t let that stop you from taking matters into your own hands. Scatter a few interesting shark factoids around the room to get your guests talking. (via All for the Boys)
11. Seaweed Streamers: Transport your friends to an under-the-sea oasis, complete with twisted green ‘seaweed’ streamers. This DIY doubles as a photo booth backdrop, so get that hashtag ready. (via Love the Day)
Are you planning a summer shark-themed party? Follow us on Pinterest for even more watch party DIY inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.