Go Stir-Crazy with 35 Buy + DIY Cocktail Stirrers
You know that moment when James Bond asks for his drink “shaken, not stirred”? Well, no offense to Mr. Bond, but some drinks just need to be stirred and, besides, swizzle sticks are insanely fun and adorable! With that in mind, we’ve rounded up 35 cocktail stirrers that you can buy and DIY to dress up your drinks at your next event.
2. Chalkboard Stir Sticks: Incorporating chalkboard into your event makes entertaining easy and trendy. With these stir sticks, you can label the drinks being served or make sure that guests aren’t mixing up their glasses. (via Poppy Magazine)
4. Drink Me Swizzle Sticks ($31 for 25): We can never resist an Alice in Wonderland reference. These would be perfect at a literary-themed wedding… or just a book club meeting!
7. Patriotic Flag Stirrers: We’re loving this take on patriotic decor and we’re definitely bookmarking it for next 4th of July — although they’d also be fun for a backyard barbeque before it gets too cold! (via Everything Fabulous)
8. Cocktail Cocktail Stirrers ($10 for 10): Are these meta enough for you? The acrylic heads of these stirrers are shaped like fun cocktails and we’re loving their whimsical nature.
11. All Spaced Out Swizzle Sticks ($12): Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto! These futuristic stirrers are perfect for the geek inside all of us.
14. Wood Heart Drink Stirrers ($10 for 10): These remind us of carving your initials into a tree trunk and it’s adorable. We’re huge fans of using wood in weddings and we think these are a perfect candidate for the signature drink at your reception!
19. Pinwheel Drink Stirrers: What is it about pinwheels that makes us want to pour a tall glass of lemonade and sit on the front porch? At least these give us a way to stir up our lemonade ;) (via Domestikated Life)
21. Letterpress Stirrers ($10 for 8): Bottoms up! These fun stirrers are a great way to add a touch of typography and humor into your decor.
24. Glitzy Cocktail Stirrers: Take a gift bow and make these curly and glitzy stirrers. Great for New Year’s Eve or any other cocktail party where you want to up the glam factor! (via Coordinately Yours)
25. Hipstirs (currently unavailable): We’re super bummed that these are no longer for sale, but we couldn’t resist including them. A play on “hipsters,” these hip-stirs are drink stir sticks shaped like hip bones. Awesome!
26. Baby Shower Drink Stirrers: These clay drink stirrers are super cute for a baby shower but could also be easily switched up to suit whatever your event is. They’re made with cookie cutters! (via One Charming Party)
27. Photo Drink Sticks: Throwing a surprise birthday party? Put the guest of honor’s face on the swizzle sticks! We especially love this if your friend has a favorite cocktail that you’re serving at the event. (via Sugar and Charm)
28. Mustache Kraft Paper Stirrers ($.75): Have we got any hipsters out there? We’re just gonna leave these mustache stirrers right here…
30. Sequined Swizzle Sticks: The key to crafting with sequins is not to go overboard. This project incorporates just the right amount of glamour into a simple stirrer that’ll add some sparkle to your decor. (via Freutcake)
31. Beach Ball Drink Stirrers: Summer’s just ending but that doesn’t mean we’ll stop dreaming of those long days and warm nights! These beach balls transport us to having fun in the sand and we’re loving it. (via Studio DIY)
32. Pushpin Swizzle Sticks ($12 for 8): How cute would these be for a work happy hour? Stir up your martini and add an olive; just don’t tell Bond ;)
35. MistyStix ($35 for 25): Ok, we saved the best for last. These swizzle sticks have a spot for you to insert dry ice… so when you add them to your drink you get an awesome smoke effect. It’s like the way cooler version of renting a smoke machine. And the dry ice cools your drink without diluting it! We’re in love.
Which of these swizzle sticks are your fave? How do you dress up your booze? Talk to us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!