12 Sophisticated Satin Shoes You Need in Your Closet Like Yesterday
It’s clear that the ballet trend is in full force. From Zara’s wrap-up ballet flats and tulle skirts to Madewell’s current collection that features plenty of millennial pink, it’s clear that the ballet look isn’t just for ballerinas anymore. (Even the swimwear world has latched on!) But spring’s newest trend appears to be a ripple effect of the ballet burst; it’s the reemergence of hyper-feminine satins and silks, especially on shoes. These ballet-inspired fabrics offer a sophisticated sheen that can add a dash of fancy to literally any outfit.
1. Mango Lace-Up Satin Espadrilles ($40): A new twist on the summer classic, these fancy little espadrilles scream “vacation in Saint-Tropez!” even when your bank account is like “yeah, no, that’s not happening.” Pair it with an off-the-shoulder summer dress and you’re golden.
2. ASOS LASHES Square Toe Ballet Mules ($34): Lighten up the typical loafer look by swapping out go-to shades of black and brown for this sunny-side-up yellow. Plus, the sheen from the satin keeps the look so chic. Try them with linen culottes and a breezy top.
3. Puma Fenty by Rihanna Satin Bow Slide ($90): Okay, so the entire Puma Fenty collection by Rihanna is actually chock-full of lust-worthy satin shoes, but we can’t help but gravitate toward these luxe slides. Comfort with a ballet-inspired bow? We’re so in.
4. Zara Strappy Satin Wedges ($50): Between the athleisure-inspired white sole and the expensive-looking navy satin, this trend-forward shoe is not for the faint of heart. Give this pair a shot with patterned pants and a classic white button-down.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Minari Sandal ($125): This wedding season, bench your go-to strappy sandals for this new take instead. Satin knot-bows are a perfectly delicate finishing touch to any formal look.
6. Steve Madden Golly Blush Satin High-Top Sneakers ($79): If you couldn’t get down with the low-top and Stan Smith phenomenon, this unabashedly girly high-top might be for you. Try it with step-hem jeans and a deconstructed or ruffled button-down for maximum impact.
7. Chinese Laundry Pattie Slide ($50): We’re low-key loving this minimalist slide for basically every spring and summer outfit. We’re already mentally picturing it with a bevy of looks — everything from maxi dresses to streamlined dress pants.
8. Steve Madden Gaze Boot ($100): Just in time for spring, these ankle boots offer a lighter, more feminine take than typical black options. They’re perfect for awkward transitional weather, smack dab between boot and sandal season.
9. KG Kurt Geiger Poppy Heel Satin Shoe ($94): With a splash of satin and hint of gold, this retro-inspired Mary Jane is everything. Give it a whirl with an accordion pleat midi skirt to go girly or try it with ankle jeans and a blazer for a more unexpected look.
10. Zara Gem Silk Slides ($70): These silky little slides are a no-brainer for summertime. Turn up with the vintage vibes and rock them with mom jeans and cropped flounce tanks.
11. H&M Open-Toe Mules ($40): Pardon how unsophisticated we’re about to sound right now, but these satin mules are STRAIGHT-UP SOPHISTICATED. Girls living that office life: These will step up any nine-to-five look; plus, they’ll work wonders for weekend outfits.
12. Imagine by Vince Camuto Helsh Block Pump ($80): We like to call this shoe’s aesthetic “Glam Grandma” — it’s a seriously satisfying blend of practicality and trendiness. You’ll find yourself reaching for this pair to dress up everything from jeans and a tee to an all-black look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.