What We’re Buying from Madewell’s Spring 2017 Collection
While some people wait every season to feast their eyes on the latest offerings from Chanel, Givenchy and Balmain, for us, it’s the release of Madewell’s newest look-book that gives us all the feels. Most of us are still bundled up in coats and scarves, but we’ll use any excuse to start dreaming of warmer weather and planning our spring wardrobe. The new collection stays true to Madewell’s casual, tomboy vibe, but with an infusion of romantic, feminine pieces — and, of course, plenty of denim. Scroll through for eight of the best looks from Madewell’s Spring 2017 collection, and make sure to head on over to the website to see the rest.
Utility JumpsuitTrust Madewell to make us covet a mechanic-inspired jumpsuit. The pale pink color and tailored fit make it more feminine and flattering, and the addition of the fun patches are an ode to Madewell’s penchant for personalization.
2. Matching Sets: This blue and white striped top and skirt combo has us wanting to take up sailing ASAP. The embroidered sweater not only looks great tied around the waist (bonus points for showing off the eye design), but will also keep you warm for those spring days when the temps are all over the spectrum.
Distressed OverallsThe white overalls are quintessential Madewell on their own, but it’s really the accessories that define this look. We’re loving the rust color of these sandals as a departure from the usual spring shades, and the circle wicker bag is so unique.
4. Shades of Beige: THIS is how you wear head-to-toe neutrals and still create an interesting and dynamic look. The trick is to pair different shades of the same color with different silhouettes and fabrics.
5. Gingham Sundress: How do you make a sundress ever more summer-y? Why with a sunny, yellow, gingham fabric, of course. Throw a classic trench coat over it to help this look more polished and grown-up.
6. Embroidered Denim: It wouldn’t be a Madewell collection without their signature denim. This time, their jeans get an upgrade with a dusting of embroidered flowers. Top with a simple white shirt and you’ve got a look that’s clean and minimal, with a bit of springtime whimsy.
7. Effortless and Feminine: A floral, ruffled skirt may seem passé, but when paired with an oversized shirt that drapes off your shoulders just so, the effect is cool and effortless. Plus, this is a different way to wear the off-shoulder trend that’s clearly here to stay.
8. Pastels on Pastels: It there’s ever a time to overload on pastels, it’s spring. Pink shorts, a pink jacket and a pink bandana may seem excessive, but somehow the overall effect is one we can’t get enough of. Pale blue ballet flats are the cherry on top of this pastel sundae.