Kill It With Your Skillet: 20 One-Pan Wonders
These days, a skillet is the only kitchen tool you need to know how to wield. Whether you want to whip up a batch of stuffing or wow your friends with an impressive one-dish dessert, it’s the savvy cook’s utensil of choice.
And for you, we’ve found the best recipes made using one skillet, for any meal of the day. Heck, if you’re feeling adventurous, maybe for every meal of the day. But the question to ask now is: What will you do with all the extra time you’ll have with only one dish to wash?
1. Easy Skillet Lasagna: Who’s got time to make lasagna the old-fashioned way? This version of the timeless classic only takes 40 minutes to prepare and even the noodles get cooked in the pan. Perfect for weeknight dinners. (via Simply Scratch)
2. Sticky Thai Chicken Wings: Chicken wings just went to the Far East with this mashup of coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger and sweet chili sauce, and it’s taking finger-licking to a whole new level. (via How Sweet Eats)
3. Egg White Frittata With Turkey Sausage: Low carb and high protein, this frittata not only looks fantastic, but it’s great to eat at any time of the day. Filled with turkey sausage, it’s a modern twist on an Israeli egg dish. (via Domesticate Me)
5. Lentil Carrot and Potato Hash: Even little ones won’t realize this delicious vegan dish is healthy. After pre-cooking the lentils, the whole thing is brought together to simmer in the skillet. So technically two dishes are involved. (via Vegan in the Freezer)
6. One Skillet Pumpkin Lasagna: If you thought creamy, cheesy perfection could only be achieved in the meat version of lasagna, you’re sorely mistaken. It may not be fall, but this decadent dish will have you cracking out the pumpkin puree. (via The Realistic Nutritionist)
7. Salsa Verde Chicken and Dumplings: A comfort food favorite combined with bold Mexican flavors? Sign us up. Cornbread dumplings top green chile chicken pieces in this simple skillet dish. (via Hip 2 Save)
8. One Skillet Peach Cobbler: This deliciously rustic peach cobbler comes together in no time and combines a buttery crust with sweet, sticky peach slices. Just try not to burn your mouth as you devour it right out of the oven. (via She Knows)
9. Ham and Cheese Gnocchi: This is like mac ‘n’ cheese for grown ups. Combining creamy, cheesy sauce, fluffy gnocchi and crispy ham, this is pure comfort on a plate. And there’s peas in it, which makes it totally healthy, right? (via Kevin and Amanda)
11. Sweet Potato Hash Brown Skillet Breakfast: Hash browns made healthier with sweet potato and some hidden vegetables. The baked eggs make this a true one-pot breakfast combo. (via Hungry and Confused)
12. Skillet BBQ Nachos: Football season may be over, but there’s always time for nachos. And these nachos are cooked on the BBQ, making them perfect for summer get-togethers. Oh, and did we mention they have carnitas on them, too? Drool. (via Heather Cristo)
13. Chocolate PB Skillet Cookie: We may have died and gone to cookie heaven. If you only use your skillet once this year, please use it to bake up some of this warm, delicious gooeyness. (via Gimme Some Oven)
14. Apple Butter French Toast: If you thought the phrases “apple butter” and “French toast” sounded amazing on their own, imagine what a combination of the two tastes like. This dish makes getting out of bed in the morning that much easier. (via Tablespoon)
15. Quinoa and Egg Enchilada Skillet: This meatless take on enchiladas will have you re-thinking your weeknight menu. And did we mention that it’s healthy? You bet your quinoa, black beans and corn it is! (via Alaska From Scratch)
16. Meat Eaters Deep Dish Skillet Pizza: This recipe is a game-changer. Thick, hearty Chicago-style deep dish pizza made at home, and best of all, it bakes right there in your skillet. (via Seasons and Suppers)
17. Spicy Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip: Everyone loves spinach artichoke dip, and this one, made with two different cheeses and chili flakes, is no exception. Served with toasted pita, it looks classier than your average app. (via A Beautiful Mess)
18. Skillet Baked Ziti: Another classic pasta dish made in one skillet in under an hour. It’s nothing short of a miracle. This restaurant-worthy recipe combines Italian sausage and a creamy tomato sauce. (via Pink Parsley)
19. Deep Dish Skillet S’mores: Graham cracker cookies, chocolate and marshmallows… oh my! Who needs to shiver by a campfire when you can bake this super sweet concoction in the warmth of your own kitchen? (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
20. Skillet Pizza: We couldn’t resist one more pizza recipe, because, realistically, who can? This is a super fast way to make fluffy pizza that rivals the best wood-fired dough out there. (via Bev Cooks)
Which of these recipes would you use your one trusty pan for? Let us know in the comments below!