38 Healthy Wrap Recipes To Make For A Quick + Delicious Lunch
Creative Assistant, Meredith Holser, is B+C's resident food writer, photographer, and TikTok taker. Meredith writes about a range of topics for B+C, but she's adopted food writing in all its many facets for the last year. You can see her work published in Do214, Advocate Magazine, WFAA, and North Texas Daily. Meredith's passion for photography began after sneaking her mom's iPhone to take pictures of flowers on vacation, eventually evolving from a passion to a professional career. Outside of work, you can catch Meredith hiking, trying new recipes, and dreaming about having a yummy little treat.
You're always on a mission to have the best lunch, no matter what day of the week it is. Creative sandwich recipes can keep you going for a while, but sometimes you want something completely different. If you find yourself getting bored of the same old lunches day in and day out, these healthy wrap recipes will spice things up without making you feel... totally bleh.
These wraps are delicious, easy to prep, and so protein-packed. That's a win-win-win in our book! Keep reading for a roundup of some of the best healthy wrap recipes that you can make for a quick lunch *or* dinner. Skipped breakfast? We've also got a few egg-centric wraps to get you through the day.
Have fun getting creative with these easy recipes. Now that's a wrap!
This Lebanese street food makes for a perfect lemony, garlicky savory lunch. (viaForks & Foliage)
Apples and walnuts give this wrap a delightful crunch. (via Salt & Lavender)
This versatile wrap is perfect for breakfast or lunch and will keep you satisfied through whatever the work day brings. (via Feel Good Foodie)
Tender chicken and broccoli are seasoned to perfection with a cheesy filling. This recipe is the best mix of delicious and healthy! (via Feel Good Foodie)
This warm wrap is inspired by your favorite pork egg rolls – yum! (via A Spicy Perspective)
It doesn’t get much more protein-filled than a steak wrap. Your work buddies will be begging for a taste of this steakhouse-style lunch at the office. (via Emily Bites)
You’re going to love this Caesar salad-inspired wrap. It has strips of tender chicken breast and a zesty homemade Caesar dressing made with protein-rich Greek yogurt. Get ready to make your salad-loving coworkers jeal-ous! (via Skinny Ms.)
Making sure you have enough protein is important, especially if you're a vegan eater. Black beans are a great plant-based source, and go perfectly in this lunchtime wrap. (via Veggie Primer)
Turn your favorite sandwich order into a portable feast! This chicken club wrap has a double dose of protein from bacon and chicken, and will keep you full until your work day is over. (viaTaste & Tell)
You’ll feel like Popeye at 4pm when you eat this chicken spinach wrap for lunch. It’s not only filled with fresh spinach, but also all wrapped up in a yummy spinach tortilla. (via Tried and Tasty)
Playing around with different wraps is a fun way to switch up your routine. This grilled chicken wrap is housed in Indian naan bread and drizzled with a nutty red pepper tahini sauce. Beware of the lunch envy. (via Tara’s Multicultural Table)
These Healthy Wraps Are Delicious and Easy to Make
This wrap is everything you love from your go-to Greek lunch spot. You have tons of veggies and olives, tangy feta cheese and chicken and hummus (both of which are full of protein). (via Cooking Classy)
Take your lunch outside and enjoy it in the sunshine for once! When you get back to work you’ll be reenergized from your high-protein wrap and your 30 minutes of vitamin D. (via Tastes Better From Scratch)
These vegan wraps are a light and healthy lunch option that won’t put you in a total food coma for the afternoon. Prep them on Sunday, and you can have a healthy lunch every day of the week. (via Food Faith Fitness)
Seasoned with Mediterranean spices, this wrap is so satisfying drizzled with creamy tzatziki. (via Live Eat Learn)
Mashed avocado, arugula, purple cabbage, edamame, and zucchini all wrapped in a warm wholegrain wrap is treating your body good. (viaTwo Spoons)
Homemade spicy hummus serves as the main protein source for this vegetarian lunch wrap. It’s packed with cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts, spinach and avocado. Even though there’s no meat, you’ll be full and focused for the rest of the work day! (via Foodiecrush)
With herbed cream cheese and Havarti cheese, this fresh veggie wrap is anything but boring. (via Culinary Hill)
Make these dairy-free wraps for a crowd in pinwheel form – or for yourself in a good old-fashioned wrap. (via Rachel Mansfield)
Customize with your favorite veggies and make this easy wrap in only 10 minutes. (via Salt & Lavender)
Try These Healthy Wrap Recipes with a Flavor Twist
Quinoa + beans + chicken = the protein trifecta. You won't find yourself reaching for a snack a few hours later, because this Mexican wrap will fill you up – and then some. (viaSpices in My DNA)
Vegan Caesar dressing, flour tortillas, baked tofu, and pico de gallo is an easy and flavorful lunch. (via Cilantro & Parsley)
Secret ingredient here: potato chips for extra crunch. (via Half Baked Harvest)
A good Philly cheese steak can be hard to find. Skip the search and make your own version into a portable wrap that’s totally desk-appropriate. (via Maebells)
This flavorful kick of spices is perfectly matched with a little apple crunch. (via Whole Foods)
Give your usual tuna salad a little zest by adding a squirt of Sriracha to the mix. Spread it on a whole wheat tortilla with some fresh veggies and you’re good to go! (via Goodie Godmother)
Walnuts, raisins and capers give this high-protein tuna wrap a sweet and salty vibe. If you don’t like mayo, try using Greek yogurt as your tuna salad binder instead. (via The Healthy Foodie)
Even meat-eaters will be drawn to this BBQ easy and healthy wrap recipe. The coleslaw is wrapped up inside, so all you need is a side of sweet potato wedges to complete your meal. (via Veggie Primer)
Prefer to keep it light with a lettuce vs. tortilla wrap? You'll never miss a thing with this savory recipe. (via The Endless Meal)
Whether you're chowing down on these wraps for a snack or a full meal, they'll hold a deliciously bright flavor that's super refreshing for a food break. (via Brit + Co.)
Crunchy, juicy, and delicious taco flavors swarm every bite of this lettuce wrap. Choose to wrap in lettuce or a tortilla, depending on your mood. (via The Endless Meal)
Your classic chicken teriyaki in a healthy lettuce wrap will keep your energy up, post-lunch. (via Cilantro & Parsley)
Filled with a chickpea tuna salad, this wrap is a crunchier alternative to butter lettuce. (via Live Eat Learn)
Buffalo Chicken Wrap from Half Baked Harvest
As a bonus, we're throwing in one of our favorite wrap recipes that pushed all the right buttons on flavor – balanced perfectly with being an easy and healthy wrap recipe.
You'll combine shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, herbs, lettuce, and a little cheddar cheese, fold them up in wraps, then pan-fry until warm and crispy.
These easy wraps, made by Half Baked Harvest, come together in mere minutes. They're crunchy on the outside, cheesy on the inside. Serve with the deliciously creamy jalapeño lime ranch and additional buffalo sauce! These healthy wraps are great for both lunch and dinner, but equally fun for a game night, too!
Making these folded wraps is easy. Here is how to do it…
First things first: start with the buffalo chicken. Shred up a couple of chicken breasts and toss them with homemade buffalo sauce, Greek yogurt (for creaminess), and fresh herbs. Most buffalo chicken fillings are made with cream cheese, but you can swap in yogurt for a healthier choice.
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 large (burrito size) whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1-2 jalapeños or poblano peppers, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Olive oil, for cooking
Ingredients for jalapeño ranch:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños chopped + 2 tablespoons brine
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Make a cut down the center of your tortillas, then add the chicken to one corner, and the greens to another corner, and finally the cheese to another. Fold it all up, then pan-fry. So you've got...
- One-quarter of buffalo chicken
- Another quarter wrap of greens n' things
- A quarter full of ranch
- And finally a quarter full of cheese
- Fold it all up into one triangle
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, yogurt, buffalo sauce, chives, parsley, and dill.
- To make the ranch. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- To assemble, cut down from the center of the tortilla to the edge. Spread the chicken in the bottom left corner, then add a handful of the lettuce, jalapeño/poblano pepper, and green onions on the top left corner. Spread the ranch on the top right corner, and the cheese on the bottom right corner. Fold the buffalo chicken over the lettuce. Then, working clock-wise, folding that quarter over the ranch. And finally, fold that quarter over the cheese.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet, add 1 wrap and cook 2-3 minutes per side until crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with extra buffalo sauce, ranch, and lettuce.
This post has been updated.
- How to Make Pumpkin Pasta, In All Its Delicious Glory ›
- My Favorite Salsa Recipe For Cinco De Mayo (And Any Day) ›
- The Most Pinned Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich Recipe ›
- Olivia Wilde's Viral Salad Dressing Only Uses 3 Ingredients ›
- 24 Flatbread Recipes That Are Almost Better Than Pizza ›
- These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Are Way Better Than ... ›
- 10 Low-Carb Sandwiches to Pack for Lunch This Week - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Lettuce Wrap Lunches for a Clean Slate in the New Year - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Easy Lunch Meal Prep Ideas — Healthy & Budget Friendly - Brit + Co ›
- Easy Lunch Ideas To Make In 10 Minutes Or Less | Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- How To Grill Chicken Without Making It Dry - Brit + Co ›
- Dip Into These 16 Easy Hummus Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- Quick Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Bulgur Recipes That Are Healthy & Quick - Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- Our Favorite High Protein Snacks In 2023 | Brit+Co - Brit + Co ›
- One-Pot Paleo Lunch Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Egg-Free, Protein-Packed Breakfasts to Start Your Day - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Tasty Wrap Recipes for a Quick and Easy Dinner - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Collard Wraps to Mow Down on Meatless Monday - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Lettuce Wrap Lunches for a Clean Slate in the New Year - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Hearty Fiber-Filled Lunch Recipes to Keep You Full Until Dinner - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Chickpea Recipes That Go WAY Beyond Hummus - Brit + Co ›
- That’s a Wrap! 16 Spring Roll Recipes to Make This Week - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Easy Chicken Breast Recipes For Any Day Of The Week - Brit + Co ›
- 24 Winter Meal Prep Lunch Ideas To Stay Warm & Well-Fed - Brit + Co ›