This On-Air Beauty Expert’s Exact Skincare Routine Is Serious AF
There’s always a bit of curiosity and, honestly, a bit of secrecy around the products and routines people use to keep their skin healthy from the inside out. What’s even more intriguing is when you can get a peek into the skincare secrets of industry experts. This series will lift the veil on the products, tips and hacks behind people who are majorly *skinspirational*.
Remember that YouTube video that featured a gal concealing dark undereye circles with red lipstick? It blew TF up because, honestly, it’s a pretty bizarre concept at first glance, but actually makes total sense (it’s basic color correcting). The creator of the video, Deepica Mutyala, has since become an on-air beauty expert and TODAY Show Style Tastemaker, and has brought a refreshingly honest and inclusive approach to the beauty industry (remember her inspirational princess costume makeup video?). I caught up with Deepica and got the scoop on how she keeps her skin looking *so good* — especially when she’s on camera!
View this post on Instagram
Lip: @lorealmakeup Infallible 310 Forbidden Kiss | Highlighter: @benefitcosmetics high beam | Brows: @benefitcosmetics gimme brow | Eyeliner: @tartecosmetics tarteist clay paint liner | Bronzer: @bareminerals warmth | Foundation: @algenistbeauty reveal color correcting in tan | Contour: @sigmabeauty 3D HD Kabuki | Lashes: @velourlashesofficial 📷: @ericalivoti | #lorealparis #benefit #benebabe #tarte #tarteist #bareminerals #sigmabeauty #lashes #lotd #fotd
A post shared by Deepica Mutyala (@deepica) on
WHAT IS AN ON-AIR BEAUTY EXPERT’S SKINCARE ROUTINE?
1. Face Wipe Swipe: “I love using Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($6).” Simply said: “They’re affordable and effective. I’ve tried a million wipes and so many of them dry out.”
2. Detoxifying Scrub: “I was shocked at how much I liked the Derma-E Daily Detox Scrub ($15) because it’s meant for normal/oily skin, but it’s become my go-to face wash. With all the products I use, I want something that feels like a deep cleanse while still being gentle enough for daily use.”
3. Toning Tonic: “Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic ($15) helps tone, firm and brighten my skin. I put this on every night. It’s super affordable too!”
4. Hydrating Face Mask: “Hands down, Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Second Skin Mask ($105) is the best face mask I’ve come across. It’s expensive but worth the splurge. It feels like a face lift in a mask and has become my savior after a ton of traveling or before a shoot.”
5. Anti-Aging Serum: “Your 50-year-old self will thank you if you start using SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic ($163) now. I really don’t get enough vitamin C, so putting this on in the mornings is crucial. It’s my favorite anti-aging product.”
6. Gentle Moisturizer: “Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream ($48) is the only moisturizer that made me switch from my Olay obsession. This stuff is a dry skin savior.”
7. Hydrating Eye Treatment: “Elemis Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks ($76) are the most hydrating eye gels I’ve come across.”
8. Regular Derm Visits: “Finding a good dermatologist has been the biggest game-changer for my skin. I never went to a derm growing up and realized it’s time I face the reality of my skincare concerns. I’ve been going to Dr. Bhanusali at Sadick Dermatology for occasional laser genesis and deep cleansing monthly facials.”
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)