3 Slow-Cooker Drinks to Heat Up Your Next Party
The humble slow cooker’s a workhorse. Not only does it cook veggies and your fave meats like pork, chicken, and beef to tender perfection, but it can also please a crowd at parties by acting as the stand-in bartender with its big batches of warming drinks.
Most slow-cooker drink recipes will “cook” for 2 to 4 hours on low, with the lid on to prevent too much liquid from evaporating. Once your batch of beverages is complete, switch the temperature setting to warm, and stir every hour. Dairy-based drinks like hot chocolate can be kept on warm for 2 hours, while non-dairy drinks like mulled wine can be kept on warm for up to 4 hours. Here are some basic recipes to get you started.
Slow-Cooker Hot Chocolate
1. Combine the ingredients in the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low, stirring every 30 minutes, until the chocolate is completely melted, about 2 hours total.
3. Ladle into mugs, and garnish with mini marshmallows.
Slow-Cooker Mulled Wine
1. Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
3. Ladle into mugs, and serve warm.
Slow-Cooker Chai Tea
1. Add all ingredients except for the milk to the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
3. Remove tea bags and stir in sweetened condensed milk.
4. Ladle into mugs, and serve warm.
For more slow-cooker recipes, follow Brit + Co on Pinterest!
(Illustration via Yising Chou; photos via Getty Images)