This Hearty Marsala Veggie Grain Bowl Is the Only Slow Cooker Recipe You’ll Need
Alright, friends! Real talk: Cooking at-home meals can be hard. Preparing delicious food takes time and energy, and hearty, flavorful recipes sometimes aren’t so easy to prepare. As someone who is busy but wants to enjoy wholesome meals, I am always looking for quick and easy ways to sneak more veggies and protein into my day-to-day.
It’s impossible to maintain a balanced diet without tasty recipes, which is why we teamed up with Holland House® Cooking Wines to show you this quick and delicious slow cooker veggie grain bowl recipe! Holland House Cooking Wines are full of flavor and can give a bold boost to any dish. This veggie grain bowl takes only a few minutes to prepare, tastes great, and is full of nutrients. Check, check, and check!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ lemon
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1 can reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup Holland House® Marsala Cooking Wine
- 1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- honey to taste
- sunflower seeds
- ½ cup fresh pre-washed spinach
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes. Dice onion and mince garlic. Juice lemon. Set aside.
2. Rinse quinoa and add to slow cooker. Drain and rinse black beans. Add black beans, sweet potato, onion, garlic, and lemon juice.
3. Add Holland House cooking wine, vegetable broth, and water. Mix.
4. Cook on high for 2-4 hours.
5. Spoon into a bowl and top with spinach, a drizzle of honey, and yogurt. Enjoy!
Peel sweet potatoes and chop into cubes. Dice onion and mince garlic. Juice lemon. Set aside.
Rinse quinoa and add to slow cooker. Add black beans, sweet potato, onion, garlic, and lemon juice.
Add Holland House Marsala cooking wine, vegetable broth, and water. Mix. Cook on high for 2-4 hours.
Spoon into a bowl and top with spinach, a drizzle of honey, and yogurt. Enjoy!
Now that you have a grain bowl as a base, have fun with it! If you need a meal to-go, fill a bento box with grains, fruits, and veggies!
Top a serving of the veggie grain bowl with some sliced avocado or put a fried egg on top. The world is your oyster!
What are some of your favorite nutrient-packed recipes? Share your photos on Instagram using #britstagram.
Video Production and Styling: Alonna Morrison
Photography: Cody Towner