‘Tis the season to start planning weekend trips, long vacations and, if you’re super ahead of the game, maybe even holiday travel? We’re all about making the most of our suitcases, weekenders and overnight bags, but are not about to sacrifice on style. To get YOU ready for a season of travel, we teamed up with the folks at The Container Store to round up our brand new (and on sale!) favorite finds from their travel section.
Before we get to our picks (you best believe they are SUPER colorful), we’re here to give you the 411 on a crazy awesome giveaway, courtesy of The Container Store. All you have to do is take a selfie (you know how to do that, right?) with your suitcase. For real.
Here’s how to enter: Share your Selfie With a Suitcase at SelfiewithaSuitcase.com or on Twitter and caption using hashtags #selfiewithasuitcase and #promo, and be sure to tag @TownePlacePromo. Just like that, you’ll be entered to win a 4-night getaway at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott® of your choice PLUS $500 in travel essentials from The Container Store!
From the most colorful suitcase we’ve ever seen to bags designed for every little thing, here are 11 ways to pack smarter for your next trip.
2. Kaleidoscope Wheeled Luggage ($99-$129 — on sale from $129-$169): I mean, that pattern? Is this real life? Aptly named Kaleidoscope, this piece of signature luggage has a mullet quality about it — party on the outside and all business on the inside.
3. Zippered Patchwork Pouches ($7 each): Confession: I have an addiction to small colorful pouches that zip. And now I’ve just added five color-blocked pouches to my wish list! These little bags are perfect for keeping small things organized when you’re on the road. Use one for makeup, one for jewelry, one for pens and pencils, one for a mini DIY kit and one for all your electronic cords. Oh, and go ahead and snag another one for all those temporary tattoos and friendship bracelets you can’t leave home without ;)
4. Go Clean Drawstring Wet Suit Bag ($18): If you’re on a vacation where swimming is an option, you best be swimming in the ocean, lake or pool on every day of your trip. To make sure your luggage doesn’t deter you from that very important task, make sure to bring a wet suit bag so you can toss your trunks or ‘kini in there en route to the airport.
5. Poncho & Pouch Twin Set ($9): Just because you’re feeling footloose and fancy free doesn’t mean the weather is on the same page. This twin pack of lightweight rainwear is a must for every trip. Each poncho fits easily over most outfits (even if you’re wearing a coat) and is as easy as throwing a scrunchy in your suitcase. Yep. We just suggested that you also pack a scrunchy.
6. Phone & Tablet Portable Charger ($18): If you don’t have a portable charger yet, it’s time to get on it. This high-capacity charger has the power to fully charge most smartphones and provide a significant boost to tablets. Forget just making sure you pack this for travel — keep this puppy in your purse at all times!
7. Hanging Toiletry Organizer ($20 — on sale from $25): This clever toiletry organizer is tricked out well beyond your usual Ziploc bag + fabric pouch combo. Made from polyester with a nylon lining, this dopp kit has a large main compartment with four small pockets to keep all your essentials in order. The attached hook makes it easy to hang up no matter what size bathroom you’re in — even for those times you need to do a quick change in the airport before heading to your best friend’s rehearsal dinner.
8. Eagle Creek Orange Pack-It Folders ($24-$27 — on sale from $30-$34): Folders for your clothes are a thing, and they are a beautiful thing that will save you from the pain of having a suitcase filled with wrinkled clothes. Each folder includes a special, lightweight folding board with folding and packing instructions!
9. Lollipop Travel Laundry Bag ($5): A travel laundry bag might just be your new favorite must-pack. Obviously, you can use it for keeping your dirty clothes separate from your clean ones. But, we can also see using it to separate things like coats or evening gowns from the rest of your stuff.
10. Go Clean Drawstring Heels Bags ($30 for 2): Keep your heels un-scuffed and your clothes un-snagged by packing your heels in these handy hot pink bags.
11. Blue Ikat Italia Smart Shopper ($15): And finally, you’re probably going to need an extra bag. This is a great tote to keep in your purse wherever you go, and a must for travel! Oh, and this sucker can carry up to 65 pounds, so your laptop, beverages and books are all fair game.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.