10 Sophisticated Ways to Add Sparkle to Your NYE Makeup Look
December 31 is the one night of the year when you can pull out all the stops and go full-on glam. Think wear-everywhere precious metals (gold, silver, bronze, copper) and shimmering metallics galore. Though there are plenty of ways to add a festive touch to your NYE beauty look — from pearlescent powders to loose glitter — there are only a few key products that will keep it classy when you turn up the shine. But be advised: Not all formulas are the same. Some lend a subtle shimmer, while others make skin sparkle like a NYE countdown ball.
Glow is good ladies. But looking like a glitter bomb went off while you were getting ready? Not so much. And while we love glitter, the last thing we want is to end up looking like a disco ball. So to get you party ready, we’ve rounded up 10 high impact and totally wearable products — guaranteed to add just the right touch of glitz to your look.
1. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Glitter ($15): OCC’s micronized metallic glitters look stunning on lids, lips and locks! You can even sprinkle a little over nail polish for extra sparkle. And did we mention it looks gorge in pics? So go ahead and get ready to slay in that photo booth.
2. RMS Beauty Master Mixer ($38): If you’re looking for a standout illuminizer, look no further than this cult favorite. Considered the Holy Grail of luminizers by pros and beauty junkies alike, this universally flattering rose gold hue gives all skin tones that lit-from-within glow. The multi-tasking cream color should be a staple in any makeup bag!
3. Natasha Denona All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer in Powder ($38): Get red-carpet ready with this shimmer powder. The hydrating, long-wear formula gives skin that Hollywood glow without going over the top. The best part? It lasts through the night — guaranteeing you’ll stay flawless until the wee hours of the morning.
4. Pixi Beauty Palette Rosette ($28): Not only will this all-in-one color kit have you looking gorgeous for the ball drop, but the rose, crème and taupe hues will have you turning heads well into 2017. These super silky powders will enhance eyes, cheeks and brows for a fierce AF look.
5. Make Up Forever Diamond Powder ($25): This ultra-fine powder combines the iridescence of pearl powder with the glitz of glitter for a sparkling effect wherever you apply it. Plus it comes in a range of shimmering shades like opal, copper and Champagne. We’ll take ‘em all!
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit – Moonchild ($40): Rise to the occasion with this party-ready palette that catches all the light. Six magical metallic highlighters leave skin with a celestial finish. Dust on for a subtle kaleidoscopic effect, or apply with a damp brush or sponge to amplify your natural glow.
7. Glossier Haloscope — Topaz ($22): This dewy hybrid (bronzer and highlighter) is next-level amazing. And the dual-delivery formula is flat-out genius. The outer halo is infused with crystal extracts for a shimmering, sun-kissed look and the vitamin-rich solid oil core leaves skin hydrated.
8. MAC Pigment ($22): Get ready to pop some bubbly! This concentrated color powder creates a high impact shimmer effect that screams NYE. Score your fave color or opt for a festive metallic — we’re always down for the sparkling copper.
9. Laura Geller Beauty Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator ($30): Strobing is having a major moment. Lighten up your look with this trio of luminous powders that refuses to go unnoticed. The limited edition launch includes three of Laura Geller’s best-selling highlighters — Ballerina (candlelit rose gold), Gilded Honey (effervescent caramel) and Peach Glow (peachy Champagne shimmer) — for a cool $30.
10. NARS The Multiple ($39): This multipurpose stick is a cult favorite for a reason. The cream-to-powder miracle formula highlights, contours and warms up eyes, cheeks, lips and even collarbones. Our go-to? Copacabana, a gorgeous, glistening pearl hue.
Looking for more holiday makeup inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.