13 New Year’s Eve Makeup Essentials for $20 and Under
It’s almost New Year’s Eve, and as much as we love to splurge on expensive beauty products, how often are we going to wear all that glitter? You don’t have to spend a million bucks to look like it on NYE. After all, it’s only one night! So grab your party dress and max out the sparkle and shine without maxing out your credit card with these 13 NYE must-haves all for $20 or less.
1. Colourpop Eye Shadow’s Never Naughty Palette ($20): Not only will this party-ready palette have you set for the big ball drop, but you’ll continue to use these treasures after NYE because of the way they blend so easily to create perfect day or night looks. Colourpop is becoming a beauty guru staple, and the brand has already collaborated with some of your favorite YouTube celebs. These babies are made in the USA, never tested on animals and if you buy individually, they’re only five bucks. We’ll take all of them!
2. Limecrime Zodiac Glitter in Sagittarius ($8): One word: GLITZ. These super fine glitters come in a ton of shades and are ultra versatile. They’ll look gorgeous over eyelids, on top of lipstick and sprinkled on top of nail polish too. Snag the glitter that matches your star sign, or one whose color you just can’t pass up — we’re always up for pink glitter.
3. MAC Cosmetics Carbon Eyeshadow ($16): If you want a smoldering eye look this NYE, then say hello to your new BFF. Prefer a soft smokey eye? This is still your P.I.C.: just sweep this through the crease and outer corner of your eyes with a fluffy brush to get the look. This ultra matte shadow delivers the darkest contrast and can be used as an eyeliner as well.
4. Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer ($15 for 0.04 oz): Eye primer is everything. This gives those glitters and shadows something to hold on to. Plus, you’ll notice your colors pop a million times more with this super hydrating primer that leaves a silky smooth finish on your lids.
5. Ardell Glamour Wispies Black Lashes ($4): Get glam without overdoing it with fluttery faux lashes. This set features a flexible band so they’re easy to pop on. And since they’re made with 100% sterilized human hair, they’ll feel feather-light and blend right in to your own lashes while creating major volume.
6. Sephora Lip Stain ($13 each): You’re going to be busy sipping bubbles, and you know what happens at midnight! Well, that New Year’s kiss won’t mess up these stained lips: apply this satiny stain once and you’re good to go all night long. We’re obsessed with Sephora’s color range. It’s everything from Kylie Jenner to Lorde.
7. e.l.f Studio Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls ($3): Hello, cheekbones! Get the most radiant glow with this sheer powder that highlights the skin with shimmering color. Dust wherever you want an instant glow, or apply wet for a more dewy effect while it helps keep your skin hydrated with Vitamin E, jojoba, sunflower, apricot and grape. The best $3 you’ve spent all year.
8. China Glaze Nail Laquer in I Pink I Can ($6): This is more than just fun color (and even more fun glitz): this professional lacquer will help promote healthy nail growth too. You can’t go wrong in a pinky rose gold — max out the effect by painting it over a matchy, satiny polish like China Glaze’s Jetstream ($6).
9. OPI X Gwen Stefani Comet in the Sky Nail Lacquer ($11): You know when Gwen Stefani does glitter polish it’s going to be next level. This multi-glitter lacquer mixes bold gem tones with light pastels and chunky black glitter for a NYE-perfect look made for cool girls, by the coolest girl.
10. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray ($14 for 30 ml): Keep your look on lock down. This travel-sized setting spray keeps makeup looking flawless for up to 16 hours (read: through all that dancing). Pro tip: Spray this on an angle brush to create eyeliners out of eyeshadows.
11. Fekkai Dry Shampoo ($10): Keep your hair full of texture and rid of oil long past the time the countdown ends. Bonus: not only does it smell delicious, but it will keep you from having to wash every day. Win-win!
12. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse ($18): Baring our legs in the middle of winter is not a problem with this bronzing mousse that will leave your legs tanned as Beyoncé’s. It’s super lightweight and easy-to-apply, and dries in just 60 seconds, which means no streaky messes here.
13. Yes To Cucumbers Makeup Wipes ($3 for 10 ct): Completing your face washing routine might seem impossible at 2 am, so let these makeup wipes come to the rescue to save you time and your skin. Made with soothing cucumber, aloe and green tea, use two at a time: one for makeup removing + one for cleansing.
Which of these budget beauty products are going to ring in 2015 with you? Tell us in the comments!