15 Wedding Dresses That Sparkle and Shine
Besides being an unforgettable occasion where you and your S.O. officially seal the deal (and throw the most epic partay ever), your wedding is the ultimate occasion to show off that impeccable sense of style. In other words, it’s your time to shine. You might be a bona fide lazy girl the other 364 days out of the year, but girl, this is the one day you might as well go all out — shimmery headpieces, glitter-flecked heels and a show-stopping gown with glamorous beadwork and crystal embellishments. Because why not? Whether you’ve been dreaming of a classic ball gown or a totally non-traditional wedding dress, we’ve curated a list of glitzy white dresses that will have you swooning hard.
1. Sottero & Midgley Amélie Wedding Dress (POA): We can’t decide what we love more: the ethereal layers of Dione organza or the Swarovski crystal and pearl embellished bodice that catches the light. Pair that with a dramatic plunge neckline and crystal buttons, and you’ve got an “I do” look worthy of royalty.
2. Catherine Deane Amelie Dress ($3,150): This halter neck gown by Catherine Deane can only be described as fierce. For an effortless look that strikes the perfect balance of understated and chic, let the dress with its intricately beaded bodice do all the talking alongside a pair of simple drop earrings and a sleek low chignon.
3. Eliza Jane Howell Cibella Gown ($2,000): Unleash endless old-world glamour on your special day with this stunning sheath gown. Flutter sleeves and iridescent beadwork with celestial appeal call to mind the romantic spirit of 1930s Hollywood. Translation: This show-stopper was practically made for sipping Champagne and schmoozing. Complete the look with a side-swept ‘do, lucite clutch and a dramatic red pout.
4. Casablanca Verdant Visions Collection Style 2166 (POA): Now this is the kind of gown that could make even the most minimalist bride swoon. The bead, crystal and embroidery-encrusted bodice is beautifully balanced by a classic satin skirt and sweeping train, for a look that’s eye-catching but not over the top. Top it off with a traditional cathedral veil and delicate choker necklace for an unforgettable look.
5. David’s Bridal Hand Beaded Sheath Cap Sleeve Wedding Dress ($1,458): Shine on, you crazy diamond. Sophisticated doesn’t just come in shades of ivory and champagne. Case in point: this hand-beaded beauty that will be turning heads left and right. The intricate embellishments are positively radiant, while the streamlined silhouette and OMG-worthy cowl back are perfectly polished and elegant.
6. Watters Nelly Gown (POA): Hello, gorgeous. From the ballet-inspired skirt to the structured beaded lace bodice, this dreamy dress is ready for its big debut. Now all you need is something old (heirloom chandelier earrings, anyone?) and something blue.
7. Catherine Deane Freya Gown ($2,000): Getting hitched? THIS is the fabulously floaty number you need for your walk down the aisle. Play up the ballet-beautiful thing with a ballerina bun, statement studs and pink lace-up pumps.
8. Maggie Sottero Jeanette Wedding Dress (POA): Making jaws drop on your special day doesn’t have to mean walking down the aisle in a cloud of tulle. Sparkling Swarovski crystal straps, an illusion back and an embellished waist on this Paris chiffon gown will blow your guests out of the water.
9. Free People Crystal Maxi ($750): Boho babes, listen up! This free-spirited frock is calling your name. The easy silhouette and embellished bust will bring on the glamour and show off your laid-back side. Team with a floral headpiece and statement cuff for a cutting-edge look.
10. Theia Elsa Gown (POA): Whimsical embroidery and intricate beadwork that sparkles in the light — we’re so in. This art nouveau gown is perfect for a vintage-inspired soiree or a glamorous al fresco fête. Metallic heels and an Insta-worthy diadem are required.
11. Needle & Thread Embellished Chiffon Gown ($1,100): Sometimes less is more, and this Grecian A-line gown is proof. Airy pleated chiffon, a plunging neckline and a beaded waist will make you (and everyone else in the room) straight-up swoon. Take your look there with a dramatic smokey eye, diaphanous updo and metallic sandals.
12. Etoile Aurora Gown ($1,000): Twinkling chandeliers, warm candlelight, cascading arrangements of burgundy blooms and this gorgeous Etoile gown — pinch us, we must be dreaming. Bow down, because this beauty is the real deal. Style it with loose beachy waves, dramatic berry lips and shimmery statement earrings FTW.
13. Sottero & Midgley Maui Gown (POA): This is what “I do” dreams are made of, people! This show-stopping sheath will look downright DDG when it’s time to strike a pose (not to mention when you’re killin’ it out on the dance floor). DO accessorize with a textured updo and heirloom earrings for a wedding day getup that’ll go down in history.
14. WToo Maggie Dress (POA): The vision of you in this uber romantic number will be emblazoned in bae’s brain forever — it’s that good. Take the classic route and wear it with a curled updo, embellished chapel-length veil and natural-looking makeup for maximum impact.
15. Needle & Thread Bridal Lace-Trimmed Embellished Tulle Gown ($1,495): Get your sparkle on by slipping into this romantic yet modern gown that’s dotted with flirty floral appliqués and iridescent sequins. Take it for a test drive at your reception or break with tradition by rockin’ it all night long. Let the unique design shine by keeping the extras on the understated side.
Follow us on Pinterest for more bridal style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.