Hoop Earrings Are the Spring 2017 Jewelry Trend You Need
Sees fellow trendsetters in possession of THE hoop earrings of the season, proceeds to follow in suit. Guilty as charged. In case you missed the memo, contemporary hoops have already been slated as one of the season’s biggest accessory trends. While ‘90s-inspired slips, knit beanies, and Docs may immediately come to mind, the latest crop of hoop earrings are anything but angsty. In fact, we’ve uncovered a few after hours-approved options that even glam girls would love. Keep scrolling for 11 slay-worthy hoops that are guaranteed to bring the swagger.
1. Boe Super Star Hoops ($88): Look at you — you’re a star. Cue the celestial vibes with these oversized 14K gold hoops that are practically designated for an epic GNO or a date night at the skating rink.
2. Wolf & Moon Open Circle Hoop Earrings ($91): Madonna called and she wants her retro hoops back. Practically plucked from the ‘80s, these millennial pink, open-circle earrings are designed with the modern-day boss babe in mind.
3. Forever 21 Faux Pearl Drop Earrings ($6): These dangling pearl drop earrings cost how much? Could’ve fooled us. Channel your inner Hollywood starlet with a silk slip dress and your fanciest updo for a spring banquet.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Palm Tassel Hoop Earrings ($68): A little tassel action and these gold, crescent-shaped hoops are suddenly Coachella-bound. Just think of the festival-going potential when you throw a fringed poncho and denim cutoffs into the mix.
5. Leo Black Turquoise Hoops ($276): Nope, these are not your everyday oversized hoops. (MC Hammer-inspired harem pants and loud hip-hop are the LAST thing that comes to mind.) The refined turquoise gems lend a certain ethereal quality that would attract even contemporary brides-to-be.
6. Lena Bernard Half Moon Hoop Earrings ($54): Day or night, work or play, these reimagined half-moon hoops deliver on all fronts. Dial it down with a simple tee and track pants for a not-so-conservative boardroom or take it there with a saucy cold-shoulder top come cocktail hour.
7. Madewell Three-Pack Hoop Earring Set ($32): For the low-key cool girl who just can’t make up her mind (oversized hoops or itty bitty ones? IDK.), this three-pack set of mixed metal styles will hold you down seven days a week. Mix and match them for a slew of groundbreaking #OOTDs. A ceaselessly chic denim jacket with embroidered patches will be in order.
8. & Other Stories Geometric Hoop Earrings ($19): Minimalist enthusiasts, eat your heart out! Make a vow to streamline your nine-to-five wardrobe with these geometric D-shaped stunners that will inspire you to do less. A crisp button-down and vampy steppers, it is then.
9. Topshop Simple Pearl Hoop Earrings ($18): BRB, it’s time to join the Sunday brunch club with these elegant pearl hoops that call for a timeless shift dress and endless mimosas. Obsessed would be an understatement.
10. Kate Spade Imagination Monster Hoops ($98): Hoop-de-doop is right. We’re not exaggerating when we say that these ultra-femme monster hoops have a mind of their own. Pair them with anything/everything for a touch of whimsy and a whole lotta sass.
11. Luv Aj Heart Hoop Earring Set ($175): Ah, we heart it. What’s there not to la-la-LOVE about a set of interchangeable heart hoops (they’re hinged, so you can take ‘em apart) that can be worn individually or interlooped for a one-of-a-kind look.
Which of these contemporary hoops are you lusting after? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring accessory trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.