5 Korean Beauty Picks to Up Your Spring Skincare Game
Experiencing spring skincare problems? Yep, we all have them. But while some may try to scrub that dull winter skin away (have you grabbed — or made — an organic body scrub yet?), I’m sticking with what I know works: Korean beauty products. I grew up applying, massaging and layering on K-beauty gems. I saw first hand how their unique-to-the-west ingredients can do wonders for your skin. So trust me when I say you should keep up with the beauty trends your Seoul sisters have to offer, especially during a transitional season like spring. Goodbye, heavy moisturizers, helloooo all things that keep our skin looking brighter, fresher and finally a little sun-kissed. This month’s K-beauty finds are just that good.
1. SCINIC Honey All in One Ampoule ($19): This ampoule wins for several reasons: It’s a toner, moisturizer and serum in one. Lazy girls, rejoice! Honey is known for being antimicrobial and for fighting acne. This product will also leave you super dewy. Insider beauty secret: You can add a drop or two to your foundation or BB/CC cream of choice for that *extra* glow factor. Also, the jar is hefty, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. Since you only need a few drops per application, you’ll probably find yourself using this all over your body for dry patches too.
2. Whamisa Organic Flowers Olive Leaf Mist ($38): Remember that K-beauty brand that was featured on Shark Tank? That was Glow Recipe. The cool thing about this product is that it’s WATERLESS. If you check your beauty arsenal, you’ll see that the first ingredient in most of them is water. The primary ingredients in Whamisa Olive Leaf Mist are aloe and olive extracts. That way, nothing is diluted, and your face gets only the good stuff.
3. Caolion Blackhead O2 Bubble Pore Pack ($26): This mask seriously does everything. As it cleanses, exfoliates, draws out gunk and hydrates, this is an all-in-one, powerful treatment. This purifying mask bubbles up and tingles on your face (ah, so fun!). You’ll love how it targets blackheads, sebum and dirt buildup without drying you out. After a weekend of going-out makeup, it’s a godsend for tackling congested skin and minimizing pores. This mask leaves behind nothing, ya’ll!
4. TONYMOLY Pocket Bunny Sleek Mist ($15): Don’t let the cute packaging fool you. This mid-day refresher is super effective and also multi-use. Use it as an amazing primer before your makeup or as a setting spray after you put your face on. The mix of fruit extracts keep facial oils under control and has a light fruity scent without being overpowering. Conveniently, it’s tiny, which makes it totally okay to indulge your “one-in-every purse” syndrome.
5. Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser ($52): Introducing a true gem from Dr. Dream’s highly coveted Rose Line. It’s made with enzymes that gently wash away lingering dead skin cells, leaving you so silky and soft. A little goes a long way with this one. Use a big pinch, then mix with water to make a paste that will suds up. It’s okay to play with your skincare! With the paste, massage into your face. This cleanser is hypo-allergenic, so it’s perfect for sensitive skin types. You’ll notice a glowing, hydrated and perfectly exfoliated complexion right away. The rose stem cell in the cleanser regenerates cells while also smelling like heaven.
Follow us on Pinterest for more of our fave beauty products.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.