11 Sewing DIYs for a Spring Living Room Refresh
All that spring cleaning got you itching to start a full makeover? Don’t hit the stores just yet. With some fabric and a little time behind the sewing machine, you can whip up some truly stunning pieces for your freshly cleaned living room. Consult this list of ideas and how-tos, and you’ll be hard pressed to find something that doesn’t tickle your fancy.
1. DIY Butterfly Chair Makeover: The cheap-ish folding chairs you find at garage sales can take on a whole new look with a fresh cover and some spray paint. (via Proper)
2. DIY Fringed Black-Out Curtains: Not a fan of all that seasonal sunlight streaming through your windows every morning? With a cute tassel trim, these yellow black-out curtains are what you need to keep it cute while you keep out the sun. (via Melodrama)
3. DIY Dog Bed Cover: Rover’s fave nesting spot starting to look a little worn? This sweet cover will keep your furbabies comfy all season. (via Sarah Hearts)
4. DIY Fleece Tassel Blanket: March doesn’t mean the end of cold nights and chilly mornings. This pastel throw blanket lets you cuddle up without messing up your room’s springtime vibe. (via Club Crafted)
5. DIY Watercolor Ink Blot Pillows: What do we see in these ink-blot, Rorschach-like pillows? Seriously stylish decor — what does that say about us? (via A Kailo Chic Life)
6. DIY Window Seat Cushion: Create a comfy nook worthy of long afternoon reading sessions. This detailed tutorial will show you how to make a seat cushion and cover (box corners are tricky!). (via Lovely Indeed)
7. DIY Round Velvet Pillow: Velvet is officially in every month of the year, and it’s easy to see why. With this inviting design, you can scale your pillows to any size that suits and even create a big floor pouf with enough batting. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Giant Plush Cactus: How cool is this?! This plush succulent doesn’t care how much sun your room gets, and you won’t even have to worry about getting the needles stuck in anything. (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Rug Hack: This clever trick will ensure you get exactly the size and pattern of rug you were looking for at a fraction of the cost. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Bolster Pillow: Bolsters are harder to make than you think! But with this easy-to-follow tutorial, you’ll be adding them to couches and chairs in a flash. (via Melly Sews)
11. DIY Rainbow Pouf: This one was made for a nursery, but it works equally well in your living room. You can pick your fave colors, but we’re definitely partial to this understated rainbow look. (via The House That Lars Built)
Show us your sewing projects by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!