Starbucks is Going For the Gold With Their HUGE Free Gift
Starbucks loves thrilling us with their new lattes and yummy Frappuccinos (Starbucks Caramelized Honey heavenliness, anyone?!), not to mention their specials, deals and perks, and now they’ve done it again. But we’re not talking about any ol’ perk. We’re talking about a HUGE you-definitely-don’t-wanna-miss-this kind of perk!
Our fave coffee-creators have introduced their new Starbucks Rewards, and “to celebrate, Starbucks is announcing a major offer for members. For the first time ever, members who make a purchase at participating Starbucks stores [until] May 2 automatically earn Gold status for a year,” we’re told on the company’s website.
But what if you’re already among the top echelons of members? Starbucks definitely hasn’t forgotten about you. “Already Gold? Then your status is extended for one year with purchase.” Niiice!
If you’ve already stopped by to get your free perk, you may have experienced a bump in the road as Starbucks was experiencing a few hiccups with their system, but they were quick to jump on the issue and get things rolling smoothly.
Want to get the most out of your shnazzy gold membership? Check out these 10 tips for getting the most out of a Starbucks Rewards membership:
1. Automatic Gold (April 12-May 2): Get Gold status automatically when making a purchase at Starbucks and start earning Rewards.
2. Double-Star Days (New!): Keep an eye out for new monthly Double-Star Days, where Gold members will earn four Stars for every $1 spent on eligible purchases when paying with a registered Starbucks Card or the Starbucks app at a participating location.
3. Bonus Stars: Members can earn Stars faster either through purchase of a featured item, or by participating in a Star Dash Challenge.
4. Free Refills: Did you know that any Starbucks Rewards member can take advantage of free in-store refills of brewed coffee or tea – both hot and iced? Extra tip: Refill your cup with coffee or tea, even if your first drink was a latte or anything else.
5. Free Birthday Reward: All Starbucks Rewards members get a free food or drink item to celebrate their birthday.
6. No Time? No Line: Using the Mobile Order & Pay feature on the Starbucks app, members can order their food or beverage items before arriving at the store, then pick-up without waiting in line.
7. Reward = Anything on the Menu: Choose a free drink or food item from the Starbucks menu when collecting your Reward.
8. Collect Stars in the Grocery Aisle: Members can earn Stars through purchasing specially-marked Starbucks products.
9. Spotify Exclusives: A members-only feature of the Starbucks app instantly identifies music playing overhead at Starbucks and adds them to your Spotify playlist, so you can take it with you when you go.
10. Coming Soon – Stars Outside Starbucks: Soon members will be able to earn Stars Outside of Starbucks through strategic partnerships with Spotify, Lyft and the Starbucks Rewards™ prepaid card from JPMorgan Chase.
Will you be taking advantage of this free golden offer from Starbucks? Tweet us @BritandCo!