Starbucks is Going For the Gold With Their HUGE Free Gift
Starbucks loves thrilling us with their new lattes and yummy Frappuccinos (Starbucks Caramelized Honey heavenliness, anyone?!), not to mention their specials, deals and perks, and now they’ve done it again. But we’re not talking about any ol’ perk. We’re talking about a HUGE you-definitely-don’t-wanna-miss-this kind of perk!
Our fave coffee-creators have introduced their new Starbucks Rewards, and “to celebrate, Starbucks is announcing a major offer for members. For the first time ever, members who make a purchase at participating Starbucks stores [until] May 2 automatically earn Gold status for a year,” we’re told on the company’s website.
But what if you’re already among the top echelons of members? Starbucks definitely hasn’t forgotten about you. “Already Gold? Then your status is extended for one year with purchase.” Niiice!
If you’ve already stopped by to get your free perk, you may have experienced a bump in the road as Starbucks was experiencing a few hiccups with their system, but they were quick to jump on the issue and get things rolling smoothly.
Want to get the most out of your shnazzy gold membership? Check out these 10 tips for getting the most out of a Starbucks Rewards membership:
1. Automatic Gold (April 12-May 2): Get Gold status automatically when making a purchase at Starbucks and start earning Rewards.
2. Double-Star Days (New!): Keep an eye out for new monthly Double-Star Days, where Gold members will earn four Stars for every $1 spent on eligible purchases when paying with a registered Starbucks Card or the Starbucks app at a participating location.
3. Bonus Stars: Members can earn Stars faster either through purchase of a featured item, or by participating in a Star Dash Challenge.
4. Free Refills: Did you know that any Starbucks Rewards member can take advantage of free in-store refills of brewed coffee or tea – both hot and iced? Extra tip: Refill your cup with coffee or tea, even if your first drink was a latte or anything else.
5. Free Birthday Reward: All Starbucks Rewards members get a free food or drink item to celebrate their birthday.
6. No Time? No Line: Using the Mobile Order & Pay feature on the Starbucks app, members can order their food or beverage items before arriving at the store, then pick-up without waiting in line.
7. Reward = Anything on the Menu: Choose a free drink or food item from the Starbucks menu when collecting your Reward.
8. Collect Stars in the Grocery Aisle: Members can earn Stars through purchasing specially-marked Starbucks products.
9. Spotify Exclusives: A members-only feature of the Starbucks app instantly identifies music playing overhead at Starbucks and adds them to your Spotify playlist, so you can take it with you when you go.
10. Coming Soon – Stars Outside Starbucks: Soon members will be able to earn Stars Outside of Starbucks through strategic partnerships with Spotify, Lyft and the Starbucks Rewards™ prepaid card from JPMorgan Chase.
Will you be taking advantage of this free golden offer from Starbucks? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)