We love fall classics as much as the next gal. But when it comes to outfit accents, let’s just say that this September, we’re going beyond your average flair. Sure, scarves are necessary for brisk breezes and tights are crucial for pulling off transitional styles like mini skirts well into winter, but the most-wanted fall accessories on our lists are what really take your new layers from basic to boss. Check out the five fun accessories you need to wear this fall to make a major style statement. Oh, and one such statement piece might actually be a drink ;) Read on.
1. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: We’re like any other coffee-slugging gal — you’d be hard pressed to see us out and about this fall without a Pumpkin Spice Latte glued to our hands. In fact, the PSL is such a constant seasonal companion that we count it among our can’t-live-without accessories when the weather starts to take a colder turn.
2. Statement Drops: Minimalist studs have had a good long run over the past few seasons, but this fall, the trendiest earrings on the block are big, bold drops. Look for pairs that mix textures, like these BaubleBar Tonka Drops ($36), to instantly polish your weekday chambray shirt or add some eclectic flair to an LBD.
3. Grown Up Backpack: Channel those back-to-school vibes with a backpack that matches the #Girlboss you are today (and not, say, the Class Treasurer you were in 5th grade). Vegetable tanned leather is always a chic option for a toss-on-and-go pouch, especially when it’s as dreamy as this Materials + Process Sacagawea Carryall ($400), aka your new wear-everywhere bag for life.
4. Pins and Patches: This fall, think of your denim jacket as a blank canvas for some of the coolest accessories around. Pins and patches are having a major resurgence right now thanks to brands like Valley Cruise Press, who sell super covetable (and collectable) artist-made baubles in the shapes of dancing emoji, honey bears and this pink pineapple “drank” ($8) to ward off the winter blues. If this doesn’t make you want to DIY every bare surface of your wardrobe right now, we don’t know what will.
5. Colorful Wool Hat: Beanies are a given when temps plummet, so before the freeze-your-ears-off weather hits, go full glam with a colorful wide-brimmed hat. At the top of our wish lists: this gorgeous salmon colored Ryan Roche Big Brim Hat ($330) that looks ultra elegant whether you pair it with a flirty, off-the-shoulder dress or with a big wooly sweater and slouchy jeans (pssst, need a budget-friendly option? Shop the H&M lookalike for $25 here).
What fall accessories are as necessary as your daily PSL fix? Name drop ’em in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Starbucks.