14 Striped Nail Art Tutorials to Try Now
Let us introduce you to your new favorite beauty tool: nail striping tape. This ultra thin adhesive is basically to thank for the Bieber-esque explosion of nail art—it lets just about anyone achieve salon-quality precision with their at-home manicures. Case in point: striped nail art. Free handing such a defined design is near impossible, but with this tape handy, we’re seeing clean, minimal looks on just about every tricked out tip around. Get your squiggle-free inspo here with these 14 striped nail art tutorials you have to try now.
1. Linear Equation Manicure: You’ll quickly learn that color contrast is key when it comes to acing the striped mani. We’re nuts about this teal and black number—we’d totally rock it during work hours. (via Brit + Co.)
3. Color Block Striped Nails: This time, the nail striping tape stays on! The silver strip acts as an eye-catching divide between the nude and pastel color blocks in a move that’s clever and way cool. (via Pshiiit)
4. Minimalism Mani: We’re completely blown away by this high-design nail art. File this look under advanced techniques and rate the patience level high—while we can imagine a few other things we’d rather do than lay down this gradient template, it’s obvious that the commitment pays off. (via Pshiiit)
5. Negative Space Nautical Nails: So this is what happens when you use a clear base coat for a super striped mani… and it rules! The technique is very paint by numbers-inspired—we like how this blogger kept all the thin stripes orange to unify the design. (via So Nailicious)
6. Golden Ratio Manicure: This is the perfect special occasion mani: simple to do (thanks striping tape!), yet so stunning. The contrast between the glittery gold base coat and black topcoat is especially striking. (via Brit + Co.)
7. Washi Nail Striping: Don’t have nail striping tape on hand? Just use washi tape (seriously, this mani speaks to us). Even though the stripes aren’t perfectly straight, the polish palette keeps this look chic. (via Pshiiit)
8. Nail Tape Stripes: We’re straight up obsessed with this nail art that combines our two favorite design elements: clean lines and a pop of color. We’ve never spoken truer words when we say this girl nailed it. (via Snobka)
9. Glitter Stripes: Glitter craft glue as nail art? As fellow DIYers, we have to say we totally get how that can happen. Sure it’s unconventional, but does it matter when your nails end up looking this luxe? (via …love Maegan)
12. Color Inspiration: Okay, so you’re never ever going to shovel out for nail striping tape. No biggie—this is the striped nail tutorial for you. These snug brush strokes still look like a dream under a glittery top coat. (via Miss Renaissance)
13. Licorice Nails: Hypnotized by these black and white striped nails (and did you spot the mini heart)? Yeah, us too. If this looks like a style you can see yourself rocking ‘round the clock, we suggest you invest in a striped stamping plate to speed up the process. (via Pshiiit)
14. Half Matte Nails: Even though the combo of shimmery navy and matte-as-all-heck black polish make one ultra hip mani, the gold striping tape definitely steals the show. It’s a must-try look that’s fit for winter, so what are you waiting for? (via I Spy DIY)
What striped nail art has leaves you swooning? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.