14 Striped Nail Art Tutorials to Try Now
Let us introduce you to your new favorite beauty tool: nail striping tape. This ultra thin adhesive is basically to thank for the Bieber-esque explosion of nail art—it lets just about anyone achieve salon-quality precision with their at-home manicures. Case in point: striped nail art. Free handing such a defined design is near impossible, but with this tape handy, we’re seeing clean, minimal looks on just about every tricked out tip around. Get your squiggle-free inspo here with these 14 striped nail art tutorials you have to try now.
1. Linear Equation Manicure: You’ll quickly learn that color contrast is key when it comes to acing the striped mani. We’re nuts about this teal and black number—we’d totally rock it during work hours. (via Brit + Co.)
3. Color Block Striped Nails: This time, the nail striping tape stays on! The silver strip acts as an eye-catching divide between the nude and pastel color blocks in a move that’s clever and way cool. (via Pshiiit)
4. Minimalism Mani: We’re completely blown away by this high-design nail art. File this look under advanced techniques and rate the patience level high—while we can imagine a few other things we’d rather do than lay down this gradient template, it’s obvious that the commitment pays off. (via Pshiiit)
5. Negative Space Nautical Nails: So this is what happens when you use a clear base coat for a super striped mani… and it rules! The technique is very paint by numbers-inspired—we like how this blogger kept all the thin stripes orange to unify the design. (via So Nailicious)
6. Golden Ratio Manicure: This is the perfect special occasion mani: simple to do (thanks striping tape!), yet so stunning. The contrast between the glittery gold base coat and black topcoat is especially striking. (via Brit + Co.)
7. Washi Nail Striping: Don’t have nail striping tape on hand? Just use washi tape (seriously, this mani speaks to us). Even though the stripes aren’t perfectly straight, the polish palette keeps this look chic. (via Pshiiit)
8. Nail Tape Stripes: We’re straight up obsessed with this nail art that combines our two favorite design elements: clean lines and a pop of color. We’ve never spoken truer words when we say this girl nailed it. (via Snobka)
9. Glitter Stripes: Glitter craft glue as nail art? As fellow DIYers, we have to say we totally get how that can happen. Sure it’s unconventional, but does it matter when your nails end up looking this luxe? (via …love Maegan)
12. Color Inspiration: Okay, so you’re never ever going to shovel out for nail striping tape. No biggie—this is the striped nail tutorial for you. These snug brush strokes still look like a dream under a glittery top coat. (via Miss Renaissance)
13. Licorice Nails: Hypnotized by these black and white striped nails (and did you spot the mini heart)? Yeah, us too. If this looks like a style you can see yourself rocking ‘round the clock, we suggest you invest in a striped stamping plate to speed up the process. (via Pshiiit)
14. Half Matte Nails: Even though the combo of shimmery navy and matte-as-all-heck black polish make one ultra hip mani, the gold striping tape definitely steals the show. It’s a must-try look that’s fit for winter, so what are you waiting for? (via I Spy DIY)
What striped nail art has leaves you swooning? Tell us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!