Your belly just popped, but you’re not exactly at full size yet, and you’re still having days when the sometimes subtle curve might be confused with a bit of bloat. Ah, the joys of your second trimester: The morning (or rather, all day) sickness is a slowly fading memory and you haven’t reached the I’ve-got-to-waddle-everywhere stage. Whether or not you’re the belly-bearing type, finding the “just right” fit when it comes to in-between maternity clothes isn’t as challenging as you might think. Check out these easy ideas, top maternity style picks and DIY maternity delights!
1. ASOS New Look Maternity Nursing Wrap T-Shirt ($21): The wrap shape gives your growing bump a bit more coverage than a plain tee (not to mention it adds some style without going overboard). Pair it with skinny jeans or dress it up with leather leggings. The best part — it grows with you!
2. H&M MAMA Jersey Dress ($25): Constricting your growing belly? No way! You’re just starting to feel some of the more unpleasant pangs of pregnancy (sorry, it has to happen sometime). Comfy dressing sounds pretty good right about now, but at the same time, you don’t want to do a dowdy downturn. Even though this printed piece is form fitting, it’s made of fabric with give!
3. Topshop Maternity Fringe Kaftan ($58). We get it. The word “kaftan” equals big, scary, tent-like garment in your mind. But this delicate version is perfect for a sunny summer day at the beach. Oh, wait — you wanted something to wear after a day spent surfside? Pair it with plain black leggings and a long form-fitting white t-shirt to dress up your basics.
4. Hatch The Stroll Short ($128): You are NOT ready to sew that scratchy elastic band thingy into your shorts and pants just yet. Hey, you probably don’t even need it. Instead, these flowy shorts fit just under your bump.
5. Maeve Paseo Tunic ($78). The cotton belted tunic isn’t maternity wear at all! That’s right, this is an everyday, non-preggo top — and it fits both now and later.
6. Hei Hei Midland Joggers ($118). Two words for you — drawstring waist. Again, these aren’t actual “maternity-wear.” Even so, they’re fab and will fit under your baby bulge.
7. PinkBlush Wrap V-Neckline ¾ Sleeve Maternity/Nursing Dress ($45). The high waist keeps you completely comfortable, and the cut is still stylish enough to wear after baby’s born.
8. Liz Lange for Target Maternity Striped Tank Dress ($25). The forgiving jersey knit clings to your itty bitty baby belly and keeps going as you keep growing.
9. Zara Printed Tunic ($50). It’s dress length (and it’s not even meant for maternity!), and you can wear it over pants. Not only will this cover your growing middle, but you can just as easily wear it years from now when you have a toddler tagging along.
10. Storq Tank Dress ($92). The smooth rib knit fabric is rumored to fit you for your entire pregnancy and beyond. Yep, it stretches, it grows and it will still be just as cute on you at nine months as it will be when your baby is nine months.
11. Hatch Walkabout Jumper ($238). The short sleeves and slit seam pockets make this jumper much more than an oversized onesie. Its streamlined shape flatters all kinds of figures and has plenty of room to grow into.
12. Your Regular Clothes, Layered: You’ve already ruled out the tight little tank that fit your pre-baby body perfectly. Swap it for a maternity tee (or longer version of the tank) and add an undone cardigan or layer a loose cami.
What’s your in-between maternity solution? Share your tips and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)