You might not be walking down the aisle, but as a guest to your BFF, bro or cousin twice removed’s big day, pulling together a killer capsule wardrobe for your wedding weekend away is mandatory. You have a serious style rep to uphold after all. With summer in full swing, there’s a good chance that you’ll be celebrating seaside, which calls for duds in a palette of bright colors, retro chic sunnies, and an arsenal of stunning statement jewelry. To make your to-packing process a total snap, we’ve curated a list of swoon-inducing essentials for a stylish wedding weekend in the sun.
1. & Other Stories Knot Swimsuit ($65): No seaside stint would be complete without at least one Instababe-approved swimsuit on standby. During your downtime, slip into this vibrant one-piece dream and prepare to soak up the sun in style. Bright cat eye sunnies and a souped-up coverup are highly recommended.
2. Lady Gray Stera Earring in Gold ($240): Don’t underestimate the power of a chic pair of statement earrings. The pint-sized accessory can effortlessly elevate any piece in your wedding weekend wardrobe, be it a double-duty romper or a sleek column gown. Our pick for an island getaway? These monstera-inspired stunners that bring the good vibes en force.
3. Komono Stella in Acetate Champagne ($120): Protecting those peepers as you watch your pals exchange vows is non-negotiable. These sassy retro sunnies won’t just keep UV rays in check, they’ll add just the right amount of edge to your “I do” ensemble.
4. cupcakes and cashmere Emile Everly Floral Romper ($125): Who doesn’t love a piece that can go above and beyond the call of duty? A romper is the perfect pick for a wedding weekend by the beach since it can stand in as a cover-up for poolside lounging and kick it come Sunday morning brunch.
5. Vanessa Seward Dakar Painted Straw Tote ($290): Hello, gorgeous. A statement straw tote that can easily transition from the beach to the street is the ideal partner for a warm weather getaway.
6. Zara High Heel Sandals With Leaf Detail ($76): Can you say, golden hour goals? As the sun sets over the water, metallic ankle strap sandals, such as these rose gold beauties, will catch and reflect the dramatic sunlight.
7. Show Me Your Mumu Rochester Maxi Dress ($216): “Oh, this old thing?” you’ll say as you sashay into the soiree. Practically made for al fresco fêtes and sipping champagne with your toes in the sand, this feel good frock is ready to partay.
8. Mango Ruched Sleeve Blazer ($120): Ensure that you’re well equipped if the temps take an unexpected dip by packing a chic outer layer. A sleek blazer is a versatile option that you can throw on over any ensemble, be it cutoffs or your day-of dress.
9. Kayu Jen Clutch ($208): It’s a bit of a splurge, but a classic clutch will stand the test of the time. With its speckled stones and woven shell, this snazzy style channels a fuss-free vibe that will feel right at home for an offshore soiree.
10. Uterqüe Straight-Cut Embroidered Trousers ($123): Skip the jeans and slip into a pair of embroidered trousers, a silk cami and trend-right sandals for a fresh-and-fabulous in-transit ensemble that is casual and polished at the same time.
11. New Look Floral Cami Pajama Top ($21) and Shorts ($16): Take advantage of the special occasion to treat yourself to a set of cute new pajamas that will make you feel like an all-out glamazon. When you’re not catching z’s, they’ll offer a super comfy getup for sippin’ mimosas and kicking back with your crew.
12. Elysess Rope Gladiator Sandals ($118): Resist the urge to pack your top 10 pairs of kicks and save that highly coveted space in your carry on for sartorial mementos and souvenirs. The low-profile and wear-anywhere appeal of these rope steppers ensure that they’ll seamlessly suit everything in your wedding capsule wardrobe.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.