8 Fashion Brands to Shop to Brighten Your Wardrobe
A wardrobe without color? Let’s not even go there — that’s too depressing. With colorful Instababes like Monling Lee of Color Index and Courtney Quinn of Color Me Courtney slaying the outfit game one neon-hued blazer at a time, it’s evident that rainbow clothing is here to stay. Keep scrolling for eight ROYGBIV-inspired brands to brighten up your style.
1. Ban.do: Not only does Ban.do capitalize on all things FUN (hello, it’s practically their tagline), but their attention to color and self-expression never ceases to amaze us. In addition to their #bandogirlgang-approved tees and sweatshirts, we call dibs on this sunshine yellow one-piece that calls for limitless fun in the sun — give or take a gigantic banana pool float. Brit + Co Pick: Ban.do x Private Party XO Sunshine Swimsuit in Yellow ($99)
2. Mara Hoffman: You have Mara Hoffman to thank for her collection of tropical paradise-inspired prints, Frank Stella-esque stripes, and resort-ready beach cover-ups that leave you wanting to do cartwheels in the sand. File this button-up midi dress featuring a contemporary stripe print under what to wear for an upcoming exotic getaway. Brit + Co Pick: Mara Hoffman Tie Front Button Up Midi Dress ($365)
3. Big Bud Press: You may know Big Bud Press for their assortment of cool-girl flair, but how about their colorful apparel line that’s just as eclectic and OMG-worthy. Brit + Co Pick: Big Bud Press Everyday Jumpsuit in Hawaiian Blue ($120)
4. J.Crew: Kudos to you if you’ve been a J.Crew devotee for years now, ‘cause they’re champions when it comes to their ever-expansive library of color swatches. (Do brilliant azalea and bright hibiscus ring a bell?) Look to the purveyor of preppy for vibrant workwear essentials (like this seaside floral skirt), tissue-thin tees, and their signature chinos — all of which are available in a slew of colorways, natch. Brit + Co Pick: J.Crew Tie-Waist Shirt in Seaside Floral ($90)
5. Dusen Dusen: Launched in 2010, the womenswear brand Dusen Dusen has become as much synonymous with their bold prints as their collection of breathable day dresses. Although don’t be mistaken: This retro daisy-inspired tee is actually pretty rad too. Brit + Co Pick: Dusen Dusen Floral Tile Mask Tee ($168)
6. Studio DIY: Now here’s a familiar face. Our favorite DIY-er and color enthusiast, Kelly Mindell of Studio DIY, debuted a collection of wear-everywhere shifts that will hold you down for every day of the work week. Try the orange soda shift for Monday, bubblegum pink for Wednesday, and this “Lime Yours” iteration come Fri-YAY. Brit + Co Pick: Studio Diy Shift Dress in Lime Yours ($49)
7. Daisy Natives: Designated for the “Champagne clinkers,” “confetti throwers,” and unicorns of this world, Daisy Natives is the under-the-radar brand that you’ll be telling all your girlfriends about in due time. We’re partial to their curated collection of t-shirts — namely, this rainbow ta-ta tee — that would look right at home during a women’s rights march. Brit + Co Pick: Daisy Natives Rainbow Ta-Ta Tee ($35)
8. ZIZTAR: Functioning under the mission to “share light, share love,” ZIZTAR is the brainchild of two sisters living two polar opposite lives. Maybe you’ll discover the candy stripe shorts of your dreams, or perhaps this OMG-worthy cactus skirt will strike your fancy. Either way, there’s no shortage of psychedelic prints, zany color mashups, and rainbow stripes to be found. Brit + Co Pick: ZIZTAR Do Not Touch Cactus Half Midi Skirt ($137)
Which of these rainbow-obsessed brands will you be shopping? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.