Keeping flavorful ingredients on hand is the best way to make sure you never have to suffer through a boring weeknight dinner. Some people stock up on interesting grains and seeds, so they can make these buckwheat recipes, while others opt for shelf-stable proteins, so they can whip up a canned tuna meal. Other times, you want something more punchy, and for our money, sun-dried tomatoes, dry or preserved in oil, pack the biggest sweet-tart flavor into the smallest package. These 15 recipes are more than enough to convince you to keep a jar on hand for dinner emergencies.
2. Sun-Dried Tomato Red Pepper Soup: Jazz up your next batch of roasted red pepper soup with sun-dried tomatoes. They add a tangy bite that perfectly balance the sweetness of the peppers. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
3. Sun-Dried Tomato Skillet Chicken Parmesan: Breaded chicken Parmesan is a tasty treat, but it’s a little elaborate for weeknights. This skillet recipe swaps the crispy crust for a creamy sauce that’s easier and faster to make. (via Cafe Delites)
5. Chicken Piccata With Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Chicken piccata gets most of its flavor from briny capers, but in this recipe, its flavor is deepened by the addition of sun-dried tomatoes. (via Ocean View Kitchen)
8. Tomato Asiago Pork Tenderloin Skillet: Juicy pork tenderloin doesn’t get enough love at dinnertime these days. This easy tomato-asiago skillet will change your mind about the other white meat. (via My Life Cookbook)
9. Sicilian Cauliflower Pizza: Crispy cauliflower makes for a mean pizza topping when paired with a flavorful sauce and sautéed onions. Almond ricotta gives each bite a creaminess you’ll crave, and raisins add a hint of sweetness. (via Yup It’s Vegan!)
10. Roasted Garlic and Kale Spaghetti Squash With Sun-Dried Tomatoes: We’re always looking for new ways to dress up spaghetti squash, and this recipe hits the mark. It’s a tasty way to get your pasta fix and some veggies all in one go. (via The Roasted Root)
12. Chorizo, Jalapeño, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza: It’s time to ditch the pepperoni in favor of something more flavorful, like this combo of chorizo, jalapeño, and sun-dried tomato. (via Cake ‘n Knife)
13. Gnocchi Arrabbiata With Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Creamy gnocchi is balanced with a spicy kick in this arrabbiata, and smoky bacon rounds out the flavors for a meal you’ll definitely want to keep on your roster. (via Savory Tooth)
15. Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Chicken: You may think of sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese as the ultimate early ’90s flavor combo, but they deserve a second chance in the spotlight. Together, they make this chicken dish anything but boring. (via Gluten-Free With LB)
Follow us on Pinterest for more weeknight dinner inspiration.