The Perfect Roast Pork Loin + 8 Ways to Use the Leftovers ALL Week
By now you should be pretty in tune with how to use your leftover roast chicken, and your leftover skirt steak recipes are always waiting when you feel like meal prepping. This time, we’re giving some love to the always versatile pork loin. Whether you’re using it in a classic Cuban sandwich or making your own pork fried rice, pork loin is easily customizable to whichever cuisine you fancy cooking for dinner. Keep reading for nine recipes, including the *perfect* roast pork loin, that will help you prepare meals for the whole week.
1. Perfect Pork Loin Roast: If you take the time to brine your pork loin, you’ll end up with a moist and flavorful piece of meat that you can use in a multitude of other dishes. Roast on a bed of aromatics to infuse a savory flavor that goes with absolutely everything. (via How to Feed a Loon)
2. Apple and Butternut Squash Pork Stew: The best way to stretch any protein further is to use it in a soup. Not only are you repurposing the leftover pork, but you’ll also have extra soup you can eat for lunch the next day. (via The Healthy Foodie)
3. Cuban Quesadillas With Slow Cooked Pork: A classic Cuban sandwich consists of ham, pulled pork, pickles and mustard. Since you already have leftover pork loin in the fridge, slice it thin and add it to this Cuban quesadilla for a 10-minute lunch or dinner. (via The Blissful Balance)
4. Easy Garlic and Ginger Glazed Sticky Pork: Slicing your pork loin into thin strips and tossing it with a flavorful marinade creates a sticky, caramelized glazed pork that rivals your favorite Asian restaurant. Serve over rice, noodles or sautéed vegetables to complete your meal. (via Foodie With Family)
5. Pork Sliders With Creamy Honey-Mustard: These pork loin sliders are topped with pepper jack cheese and roasted jalapeños, and served on a salty pretzel bun. They’re absolutely perfect for mid-week entertaining or just a fun family dinner. (via Chili Pepper Madness)
6. Pork Loin With Wine and Herb Gravy: If you know someone that turns their nose up at pork loin, serve them this dish and you’ll convert them for sure. Who can deny a dish that comes with a side of wine and herb gravy? (via Seasons and Suppers)
7. Pork Fried Rice: Sometimes cooking is the last thing you want to do when you get home. It’s times like these that you’ll be thankful you’ve prepared a whole pork loin to add to simple dishes in a hurry. In the time it takes for you to find your Chinese takeout menu, you can have this pork fried rice on the table and ready to devour. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Easy Pork Tacos Recipe Featuring Cilantro Aioli: Taco night is always a highly anticipated affair. Even more so when you already have the hardest part of the dish ready to go. All you have left to do is shred some of your leftover pork, blend up your cilantro aioli and assemble your tasty tacos. (via Major Hoff Takes a Wife)
9. How to Make Spiedies: An herb-laden vinaigrette transforms cubed pork loin to give it a bright, fresh mouthwatering flavor. Serve on buttery toasted hoagie rolls and you’ll be instantly transported to upstate New York, where the spiedie sandwich was born. (via From Away)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.