11 Ways to Conquer April Showers in Style, According to Instagram
April showers, you’ve overstayed your welcome. Constant downpours are no excuse to ditch your stylish sensibilities. When armed with a cutting-edge slicker and a rainbow stripe bubble umbrella, you may even look forward to the prospect of venturing out on a rainy day. Kidding (sort of). Trust us — you’ll *want* to reach for the wellies and updated trench coats for spring after seeing how these 11 Instababes conquer monsoon season in style. Be our guest.
1. Matching Rain Boots: When there’s no sunshine, you’ve got to create some of your own. Blair Eadie looks radiant in her rubber ducky yellow rain jacket and matching wellies — a friendly reminder to stick with the mellow yellow hues as a defense against the blues.
2. Rainbow Stripes: Be the type of person who believes in spontaneous dance parties in the rain. Courtney Quinn commands attention with her cheery rainbow umbrella, red trench, and sunny yellow bag.
3. Bright Toppers: Haven’t you heard? The brighter your topper, the more rainy-day fun that can be had. Follow UK blogger Frédérique Harrel’s lead by teaming a vibrant longline slicker with platform brogues for no shortage of daytime swagger.
4. Mismatched Prints: While we imagine a rainy day in Paris couldn’t be that bad (it’s the city of lights, for Pete’s sake!), this preppy Parisian blogger has the right idea. She refrains from going too matchy-matchy by juxtaposing a gingham print umbrella with a striped trench. Très chic is right.
5. More Is More: Metallic accordion pleat skirt? Check. Sparkly sneakers? Check. A punchy red jacket that can be spotted at least a mile away? Triple check. In a crowd of blasé ponchos and unsightly rainy day stompers, you best believe this Instababe made a lasting first impression.
6. Patent Rainy Day Slicker: Slay, girl, slay! This street MVP looks dang good in her black patent trench, frayed hem jeans, cap-toe pumps, and classic wayfarers. Rain or shine, she’s got the lewk.
7. Scandinavian Simplicity: You’ve got to hand it to style and travel blogger, Chelsea Lankford, for nailing the art of Scandinavian simplicity down to a T (hello, stripes). Her charcoal Stutterheim raincoat is a piece de resistance in its own right, especially considering Seattle’s rainy reputation.
8. Downtown Hipster: Bummin’ it isn’t even a part of this babe’s vocabulary. Her clear bubble umbrella (the most important rainy day accessory, natch), tailored camel coat, red knit beanie, and Doc Martens deserve a spot in any downtown hipster’s rainy-day wardrobe.
9. Bubble Umbrella FTW: What rain?! Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam makes the most of a rainy day in the city with a playful candy-striped umbrella and ladylike trench in tow.
10. A Classic Trench: Don’t you dare underestimate the power of a perennial khaki trench that’s equal parts classic and timeless. We’re majorly obsessed with how this colorful prepster styled hers alongside gingham pants, a storm blue sweater, and a pint-sized gold crossbody bag. Could she be any more chic? Nah.
11. Cheeky Umbrella: Rain check, please. DO reach for your cheeky umbrella-ella-ella for no shortage of compliments during your morning commute. Best case scenario: You could turn some frowns upside down and, who knows, maybe the rain gods will send blue skies your way.
Which of these rainy day #OOTDs will you be drawing inspiration from this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more Instababe-approved style!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.