7 Talented Male Makeup Artists to Follow on Insta RN
Instagram is a great place for beauty inspiration, letting you easily keep up with festival beauty trends and follow your fave celebrity makeup artists. You’ll find lots of makeup looks from the everyday to editorial on IG, along with product recommendations and short, to-the-point tutorials. And while Christina Parga and NaYeon Kim are definite must-follows, there’s also a troop of boys who are flexing their makeup artistry skills on IG. So, let’s hear it for these seven standup boys who are challenging gender roles with each pro swatch, highlight and editorial look!
1. @timothyhungcom: Timothy Hung is a multi-talented visual genius. Since he’s a makeup artist, hairstylist, wardrobe stylist and art director, his Insta account is an eye-pleasing masterpiece, but the makeup looks he does on himself are the stuff of museums.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Victor Ramos (@vicmram) on
2. @vicmram: Victor Ramos is a beauty, health and lifestyle blogger with enviable brows, skin and cheekbones. On his Instagram feed, you’ll see the best no-makeup makeup looks. This boy can highlight, contour and fill brows with the best of them.
3. @thomashalbert: Makeup artist Thomas Halpert serves up striking looks without going over-the-top (most of the time). His skin is flawless and he has SO much skill with an eyeshadow brush. Over on his Instagram, his looks are all about the eyes (just look at those piercing baby blues).
View this post on Instagram
You guys wanted makeup deets💄💋 -------------------------------- Brows-@anastasiabeverlyhills "Brow Wiz". Eyes-@vegas_nay @toofaced palette/ @morphebrushes palette/ @urbandecaycosmetics "Space Cowboy". Lashes-@ardell_lashes double wispies. Mascara-@marcbeauty Highlight & Bronzer-@benefitcosmetics "Wattsup" & "Hoola bronzer" Nails-@hudabeauty "Posh Princess" Lips-@gerardcosmetics "Invasion" Foundation-@evepearl Brushes-@opvlashes Contacts-@isolotica "Hidrocor" #Lou_Flores 😘
A post shared by Lou Flores (@lou_flores) on
4. @lou_flores: Lou Flores is a celebrity makeup artist and hairstylist who does makeup looks for every occasion — day, night or the IMATS, the world’s biggest makeup industry show. While his IG account is full of his own unique looks and creations, you’ll also find some celebrity-inspired looks, like Kim Kardashian on her wedding day and Rihanna at the CFDA Awards, as well as tutorial videos by his adorable niece.
5. @makeupbydg: Donovan Gibbs has a covetable collection of liquid lipstick that he swatches and models on his Instagram account. His expert hand with anything makeup-related is also quite enviable. For those of you who just can’t watch an eight-minute tutorial, his Insta is full of mini makeup tutorials. His lip swatching skills landed him a pretty cool gig. He’s now the face, er, lips, of makeup brand Nudestix.
View this post on Instagram
Woah y'all did you know it's been another 9 close ups so it's time for another progress report! My last 9 close ups I posted in a collage and it broke 1k likes so I'm doing it again and VERY flattered to say that 8/9 of these broke 1k likes individually as well, I'm not gonna list specific products, but I will list the brands I used: 🌸 #SUVAbeauty 🌸 #litcosmetics 🌸 #anastasiabeverlyhills 🌸 #jeffreestarcosmetics 🌸 #meltcosmetics 🌸 #smithcosmetics 🌸 #morphebrushes 🌸 #nubounsom 🌸 #strobecosmetics 🌸 and #velourlashes 🔥🙌🔥 #gay #makeup #mua #closeup #universodamaquiagem_oficial #fiercesociety #progressreport #norvina #jeffreestar
A post shared by ｄａｖｉｄ 🌸 ｓｔｅｒｎｂｅｒｇ (@ultraviolentmakeup) on
6. @ultraviolentmakeup: David Sternberg’s Instagram account is where makeup gets interesting. David is a huge fan of out-there makeup looks that are full of drama. The amount of vision and creativity that he’s able to pack into that little Instagram square is as unbelievable as his mini editorials.
7. @JeffreeStar: Could I have this list without Jeffree Star? He’s one of the godfathers of male makeup artists and has done so much to increase visibility and creativity for the group. Plus, his incredible liquid lipsticks have helped push the makeup industry forward. You come for the makeup, but you stay for that attitude and daring.
Who do you follow on Instagram for makeup inspiration? Follow us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via John Sciulli/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)