Your Instagram feed already has the power to make you feel more zen, inspire you to get outdoors, make you smile and show you behind-the-scenes of your favorite brands. Just as famous families flock to the photo-sharing social site, the stylists and artists behind those celebs are sharing their lives on the platform as well. We’ve rounded up a dozen celebrity makeup artists you should be following on Instagram for inside looks at the stylish ways of your favorite stars.
1. @jgakeupxoxo: Jackie Gomez is a Mexico native-turned-New York makeup artist with a growing list of celebrity clients, including Beyoncé. She’s especially known for the looks seen on red carpets and live concerts, and her feed shows an inside look at the faces she paints for the occasions.
2. @joycebonelli: The Kardashian sisters are just a few of the famous clients of Joyce Bonelli, a makeup talent who uses her Instagram feed to show off her best work.
3. @patmcgrathreal: Pat McGrath works on famous faces like Kim Kardashian, but she’s better known for her work with big brands like Cover Girl and Dolce & Gabbana. Her feed reveals some of the most unique makeup work on and off the runway.
4. @arabellapreston: Would you like to know the makeup tricks behind Kate Middleton’s royal mug? Arabella Preston is the artist behind clients like the Duchess of Cambridge and plenty of other stars you see on magazine covers. She shares her best work through Instagram.
5. @kateydenno: New York makeup artist Katey Denno improves the faces of several leading ladies and shares the finished product with her Instagram fans. Emmy Rossum and Mindy Kaling are just a couple of the famous folks you’ll see popping up on her feed.
7. @lauren_andersen: Stunning stars like Reese Witherspoon, Amy Poehler and Jessica Alba have Lauren Andersen to thank for their winning red carpet looks. The makeup artist gushes over her famous clients on her Instagram feed and reveals behind-the-scenes makeup advice to followers.
8. @FionaStiles: Natalie Portman, Gabrielle Union and Anna Faris are a few of the famous women who can credit Fiona Stiles for their winning makeup looks. Stiles fills her Instagram feed with shots of her best work alongside some of her favorite products and beauty secrets.
9. @carmindybeauty: The world was first introduced to makeup artist Carmindy on TLC’s What Not to Wear. The super-chic makeup expert shares her favorite looks and products with her Instagram fans and gives an inside peek into the life of styling celebs.
10. @brigittemakeup: Brigitte Reiss-Anderson has done makeup for the faces of more than 200 cover models. Her feed shows off her work with models and celebrities and sends fans to her website, where she reveals tips and tricks for pulling off similar looks.
11. @makeupbymario: Are you as big a fan of Chrissy Teigen as we are? Mario Dedivanovic is the artist making her look even more flawless. Catch her along with other celebs he styles and funny makeup memes on his Instagram feed.
12. @mac_daddyy: This famous makeup artist gives his followers a peek at the work that goes into preparing stars like Chanel Iman for the red carpet. He also uses his feed to show off some of his favorite makeup techniques.
Who do you follow in Instagram for makeup inspiration?