The Ultimate Thanksgiving Checklist
Yes, that’s right. Thanksgiving is just over one week away. Whether you’ll be cooking the works for a “friendsgiving” style celebration or you’re taking a dish over to mom and dad’s—you can’t procrastinate meal planning any longer.
Cooking for Thanksgiving can be overwhelming. Let’s be honest, even Monica Geller’s turkey ended up on Joey’s head. But, have no fear, we’ve got you covered. We’ve created the ultimate checklist guaranteed to help you rock Turkey Day 2013.
Okay, let’s start with the big one, the turkey. Cooking doesn’t have to be as intense as it seems, we promise. Here are five recipes we think you’ll love.
– Turkey Roasted with Herb Butter (Brit + Co.)
– Pancetta-Sage Turkey with Pancetta-Sage Gravy (Epicurious)
– Spanish Turkey with Oregano, Paprika and Sage (Chatelaine)
– Bacon and Onion Turkey (Better Homes and Gardens)
– Orange Roasted Turkey (Grandmother’s Kitchen)
While the turkey may get all the glory, we all know sides are always the classic faves. From traditional stuffing recipes to new takes on mashed potatoes, there’s no such thing as TOO many sides at Thanksgiving. Here are 7 such recipes we’re thinking about serving this year.
– Celery Root & Sage Mash (Brit + Co.)
– Creamy Cauliflower Mash (Brit + Co.)
– Parsnip & Carrot Mash (Brit + Co.)
– Applesauce Mac & Cheese (Adventures in Cooking)
– Pumpkin Dinner Rolls (Beyond Kimchee)
– Brussels Sprout Kebabs (Pure Vege)
– Sangria Cranberry Sauce (SheKnows)
No Thanksgiving meal is complete without the perfect stuffing. Whether you’re looking for something savory, “sweet,” or even gluten-free, we’ve got you covered.
–Vegan Stuffing Muffin (Brit + Co.)
– Apple, Sage, and Sausage Stuffing (Saveur)
– Chestnut and Pearl Onion Stuffing (The Splendid Table)
– Roasted Acorn Squash With Pistachio Stuffing (A Couple Cooks)
– Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing (Little Leopard Book)
– No-Fuss Stuffing (Laura’s Sweet Spot)
– Rosemary Whole Wheat Stuffing with Figs and Hazelnuts (Vegetarian Times)
There are more ways than you think to eat (and drink) fall’s favorite flavor. Don’t miss a few of our favorite ways to go pumpkin.
– The Ultimate Pumpkin Pie (Brit + Co.)
– Biscoff Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups (Lemons for Lulu)
– Spiced Pumpkin Chai Blondie (Brit + Co.)
– Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Brit + Co.)
– Pull-Apart Pumpkin Pie Bread with Maple Glaze (Brit + Co.)
– Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes (The Honour System)
Food isn’t the only thing that requires planning for Thanksgiving. We found some fabulously fall ways to trick out your table.
– Pumpkin Succulent Planter (Made + Remade)
– Centerpiece Basket (Brit + Co.)
– Natural Glam (Refinery29)
– Welcome Pumpkin (Better Homes and Gardens)
– Vegetable Vases (Brit + Co.)
– Twine-Wrapped Jar Vases (Apartment Therapy)
– Feeder Centerpiece (Vintage Whites Blog)
– Neon Dyed Napkins (Brit + Co.)
– Elbows Off The Table Napkins (Brit + Co.)
No matter how much food you eat at Thanksgiving dinner, there’s always room for a little something sweet. We’ve got a few traditional, and… not so traditional Turkey Day treats.
– Oreo Turkey Pops (Brit + Co.)
– Salted Caramel Cheesecake (Brit + Co.)
– No-Bake Oreo Truffles (Brit + Co.)
– Gingerbread Cheesecake (The Intrepid Baker)
– Pumpkin Seed Puppy Chow (Brit + Co.)
Last but not least, we have Thanksgiving drinks. This is another part of meal planning that tends to fly under the radar. Take your meal up a notch with one of these delicious fall libations.
– Pumpkin Cider Beertail (Brit + Co.)
– Pumpkin Mojito (Yum Sugar)
– Pumpkin Spice Hazelnut Coffee (Poet in the Pantry)
– Pumpkintini (Brit + Co.)
– Spiced Pumpkin Cider (She Knows)
Well, that’s all folks. Our favorite Thanksgiving recipes and ideas are now all in one place. Share your favorite Thanksgiving dishes and decor ideas with us on Twitter or Facebook. We can’t wait to see what your Turkey Day looks like!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)