Yes, that’s right. Thanksgiving is just over one week away. Whether you’ll be cooking the works for a “friendsgiving” style celebration or you’re taking a dish over to mom and dad’s—you can’t procrastinate meal planning any longer.
Cooking for Thanksgiving can be overwhelming. Let’s be honest, even Monica Geller’s turkey ended up on Joey’s head. But, have no fear, we’ve got you covered. We’ve created the ultimate checklist guaranteed to help you rock Turkey Day 2013.
Okay, let’s start with the big one, the turkey. Cooking doesn’t have to be as intense as it seems, we promise. Here are five recipes we think you’ll love.
– Turkey Roasted with Herb Butter (Brit + Co.)
– Pancetta-Sage Turkey with Pancetta-Sage Gravy (Epicurious)
– Spanish Turkey with Oregano, Paprika and Sage (Chatelaine)
– Bacon and Onion Turkey (Better Homes and Gardens)
– Orange Roasted Turkey (Grandmother’s Kitchen)
While the turkey may get all the glory, we all know sides are always the classic faves. From traditional stuffing recipes to new takes on mashed potatoes, there’s no such thing as TOO many sides at Thanksgiving. Here are 7 such recipes we’re thinking about serving this year.
– Celery Root & Sage Mash (Brit + Co.)
– Creamy Cauliflower Mash (Brit + Co.)
– Parsnip & Carrot Mash (Brit + Co.)
– Applesauce Mac & Cheese (Adventures in Cooking)
– Pumpkin Dinner Rolls (Beyond Kimchee)
– Brussels Sprout Kebabs (Pure Vege)
– Sangria Cranberry Sauce (SheKnows)
No Thanksgiving meal is complete without the perfect stuffing. Whether you’re looking for something savory, “sweet,” or even gluten-free, we’ve got you covered.
–Vegan Stuffing Muffin (Brit + Co.)
– Apple, Sage, and Sausage Stuffing (Saveur)
– Chestnut and Pearl Onion Stuffing (The Splendid Table)
– Roasted Acorn Squash With Pistachio Stuffing (A Couple Cooks)
– Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing (Little Leopard Book)
– No-Fuss Stuffing (Laura’s Sweet Spot)
– Rosemary Whole Wheat Stuffing with Figs and Hazelnuts (Vegetarian Times)
There are more ways than you think to eat (and drink) fall’s favorite flavor. Don’t miss a few of our favorite ways to go pumpkin.
– The Ultimate Pumpkin Pie (Brit + Co.)
– Biscoff Pumpkin Pie Cookie Cups (Lemons for Lulu)
– Spiced Pumpkin Chai Blondie (Brit + Co.)
– Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Brit + Co.)
– Pull-Apart Pumpkin Pie Bread with Maple Glaze (Brit + Co.)
– Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Cupcakes (The Honour System)
Food isn’t the only thing that requires planning for Thanksgiving. We found some fabulously fall ways to trick out your table.
– Pumpkin Succulent Planter (Made + Remade)
– Centerpiece Basket (Brit + Co.)
– Natural Glam (Refinery29)
– Welcome Pumpkin (Better Homes and Gardens)
– Vegetable Vases (Brit + Co.)
– Twine-Wrapped Jar Vases (Apartment Therapy)
– Feeder Centerpiece (Vintage Whites Blog)
– Neon Dyed Napkins (Brit + Co.)
– Elbows Off The Table Napkins (Brit + Co.)
Well, that’s all folks. Our favorite Thanksgiving recipes and ideas are now all in one place. Share your favorite Thanksgiving dishes and decor ideas with us on Twitter or Facebook. We can’t wait to see what your Turkey Day looks like!