Grab a Handful of Our Pumpkin Seed Puppy Chow
It’s not even October, but we’ve been pumpkin carving up a storm here at Brit HQ. If you’ve been busy trying out our pumpkin carving basics or high-tech pumpkins, you probably have some extra pumpkin seeds around the house. Lucky for you, we’ve got the perfect way to use them up! Introducing our Pumpkin Seed Puppy Chow—the ultimate sweet treat for all of your fall festivities. Pumpkin pie spices, white chocolate, and colorful sprinkles add a Halloween twist to this classic snack recipe. Toss a few handfuls into some treat bags and you’ve got fun favors for a crowd!
– 2 ½ cups white chocolate chips
– ⅓ cup canola oil
– ½ cup creamy peanut butter
– 12 cups Chex cereal
– 1 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted
– 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon ginger
– ½ teaspoon cloves
– ½ teaspoon nutmeg
– 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
1. Combine the chocolate chips and the canola oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. Add the peanut butter. Continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
2. Add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Stir.
3. Place Chex in a large bowl. Pour chocolate-peanut butter mixture over Chex. Add pumpkin seeds. Stir to coat evenly.
4. Add powdered sugar and sprinkles to the bowl. Stir to coat evenly.
5. Spread the Chex mixture onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Let dry for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Let’s get started! Add the oil to the chocolate chips. Place the chocolate chips in the microwave for 90 seconds. Add the peanut butter, and microwave until completely melted.
Add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Stir.
Place the Chex in a large bowl. Pour the chocolate-peanut butter-spice mixture over. Add the pumpkin seeds.
Get stirring! Once the Chex are evenly coated, add the powdered sugar and the sprinkles. When every nook and cranny is covered with powdered sugar, pour onto a baking sheet covered in wax paper.
Let rest for 20-30 minutes.
Don’t you want to chow down on our Pumpkin Seed Puppy Chow? Yum!
What are your favorite fall snacks? Tell us in the comments below!