The Best Breakup Advice to Taylor Swift from Her Girl Squad
We are still reeling with the news that Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris have (probably, most likely) broken up after a short 15-month romance. We really thought this was it for the musical power couple, especially since it seems like just yesterday that they were getting romantic on the beach and sharing the photos on Instagram. Luckily for Tay, she has an incredible #GirlSquad whose members have already produced countless bits of breakup advice over the last little while. We’ve rounded up some of the best to help remind her that she’ll get through this one.
1. Zendaya: In a February Instagram post, Zendaya talked about body shame and haters, and included this gem of advice that’s perfect to hear while going through a breakup: “It is important in this journey to remember that just because someone has inflicted hurt upon us, it does not give us the right to do the same.” Wise words from a wise woman.
2. Cara Delevigne: When Cara split with musician St. Vincent last year, the model/actress took to her Instagram to post this helpful quote from ancient poet Rumi. Embrace the pain so you can get past it, right?
3. Kendall Jenner: Enough said.
4. Serayah McNeill: In a 2015 interview, the singer and actress talked about loving herself, saying, “You have to love you first. I think that if you do that first you’ll be alright.” And we think that’s great advice to pass on to Taylor in this time of need.
5. Selena Gomez: “Love Will Remember,” Selena’s ode to her Justin Bieber breakup, is one that Taylor should really take to heart. In the song, Selena reminds us that, “Love will remember you/Love will remember me/I know it inside my heart/Forever will, forever be ours/Even if we try to forget/Love will remember.” And that’s an excellent reminder: Even with today’s current heartbreak, love will find you again.
What’s your best breakup advice for Taylor Swift? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!