The BritList: A Wearable LED TV, Modern Litter Box + More
This week saw lots of awesome updates in our shop, the 4th round of Brit Kits, and filled our kitchen (and our bellies!) with cauliflower in every way shape and form. But now it’s Friday and it’s time to get just a little bit silly as we head into the weekend. We hope you enjoy this week’s edition of the BritList.
1. Jenga Side Table: This table works as a table and as a cupboard, and operates like Jenga. Pull shelves out if you want to set a drink down, or push in to store books and what not. So cool.
3. Britain’s Most Memorable 2012 Moments in Lego: From Gangnam Style to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, this captures the 10 most memorable moments of 2012 according to 18 year old Brit, Harry Bossert.
4. A Wearable LED Television: This incredible vest, created by David Forbes, contains 14,400 green, red, and blue LEDs that together make 4,667 pixels, also known as a 160 by 120 pixel TV. Incredible.
5. Mid-Century Modern Litter Box: Got a spare $599 to spend on your cat? And a weakness for mid-century modern design?
6. A Whale of an iPhone Case: You can call this case Ishmael.
8. Chemistry-Inspired Tea Set: So this is beautiful and we love the old school chemistry-looking stuff, but what about that kettle?
9. Survival Seed Vault: This 2-pound vault contains enough seeds to plant a full acre garden filled with peppers, beans, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, beets, broccoli, squash, spinach, and more. Worth buying whether you think the apocalypse is on its way or not. Also a great gift for new homeowners.
10. Galactic Cupcake: And finally, the infinity cupcake gif. Happy Friday!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!