Resting up this weekend to prepare for next weekend’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities? Or maybe heading to the slopes? Or, better yet, spring break? Whatever you’re up to this weekend, the best way to start any Friday is with a list of innovation, beauty, and nonsense. Presenting this week’s BritList.
1. Guinea Pig Sleeping Bags: What guinea pig doesn’t need a sleeping bag?
2. The Maker Map: This amazing map lets you find fabricators, distributors, museums, and workspaces wherever you are. After all, makers gotta make.
3. Hand Crank Cell Phone Charger: Why not burn a few calories while powering up your cell phone? Now, if only there was a treadmill desk that powered your computer…
4. Toy Car Rainbow: Toy cars in rainbow form. Love it.
6. Custom Pixel Portraits: For a unique take on a wedding portrait (or any portrait for that matter), get pixelated.
7. The Ron Swanson Quilt: Parks and Rec fan art just got taken to a whole new level.
9. Call Me A Hole: Carly Rae Jepsen x Nine Inch Nails. Yes. This is real and it is surprisingly awesome.
11. High-Speed Water Balloon Photography: How awesome are these images?
12. A Smartphone That Tracks Eyes to Scroll Pages: Currently dubbed “Eye Pause,” Samsung has just announced plans to develop a cell phone that tracks your eye movement to scroll pages. Pretty crazy.
13. Premium Silver on Shapeways: Silver is back on the 3D printing scene. What might you create in 3D printed silver?
14. Activyst Tote Bags: These bold, fun athletic bags generate funding for girls’ sports organizations worldwide! Win!
15. Sticks and Stones Jewelry: Digging these beautiful geometric pieces.
Bonus! Stop Motion Save the Date: What’s a BritList without a little bit of love for Brit + Co staffers? This bonus BritList item might be on the self-promotion side seeing as its a Save the Date Video for my upcoming summer nuptials, but come on. How awesome are those giant gold balloons?
What’s the best thing you’ve seen on the Internet this week? Share it with us in the comments below.