The Edit: 10 Fashion Buys to Scoop Up Stat
Friyay used to be your favorite day of the week — what with that whole no-work thing going on and all — but now there’s a new contender for the highly coveted title: the day our weekly style edit drops. Because girl, we’re bringing the goods. And trust us, this week’s list of hot fashion picks won’t disappoint, like chic sweaters, swoon-inducing velvet bombers and street-style-approved socks that will make you totally reevaluate your relationship with the everyday accessory. Scroll on for 10 of our favorite finds from the week, then check out how to rock ’em with these Instababe-approved fall looks.
1. Abercrombie Puff Sleeve Cable Turtleneck Sweater ($78): Any excuse to snuggle up in a sweater is okay with us, especially one with this much panache. Between the playful pink hue and oversized sleeves, this cable knit creation is straight-up swoon-inducing. Whether you rock it with jeans or a suede midi skirt, the result will be stunning.
stat. Team them with embellished loafers and a simple sweater dress for an on-the-job ensemble that defies office norms (in a totally HR-approved way, of course), or rock ’em with bright block heels and a twirl-worthy metallic skirt for date night with your S.O.
excited about your daily grind? We’ll take three. Step aside, Mansur Gavriel — Zara knocked it out of the park with this sculptural sac. Boasting enough room for all your everyday bag swag (iPad, planner, wallet, water bottle, etc.) and then some, it’s about to become your workweek savior.
4. Loft Fancy Bird Square Scarf ($35): Nothing says classy like a printed square scarf, and this vibrant number is the crown jewel. Style it with a wrap blazer, boyfriend jeans and block-heel booties for an off-duty look that reads It girl in training. Bonus points for a plum-colored pout and an of-the-moment crossbody bag.
5. Mango Velvet Bomber ($80): In the midst of a mid-season style slump, this velvety vision is like a breath of fresh air. An unexpected alternative to a blasé blazer, it’s sure to inject a dash of drama to any nine-to-five ensemble. But don’t be fooled by its elevated air — it partners perfectly with everyday denim and sneakers too.
6. Pixie Market Striped Ruffled Sleeve Cuff Shirt ($62): White button-downs have a time and place, but Monday morning isn’t it. Kick the week off in style with a ruffle-trimmed topper that redefines workwear. A leather pencil skirt, pointed-toe ankle boots and minimalist baubles aren’t required, but come highly recommended.
7. Free People Mykonos Metal Collar ($58): The ultimate styling trick? Layering this statement collar under a button-down shirt for a bold, textural look that nails it day or night. Stick with solid colors to really make the necklace pop.
8. COS Sleeveless Knit Top ($115): We love a piece that can hold it down on its own, but can still play nicely with others. Enter your latest hero piece in disguise. Wear it now with billowy bell-sleeve blouses and tailored trousers, then rock it solo when warm weather comes back around, styling it alongside a floral midi skirt and suede pumps.
9. Express Vintage Skinny Ankle Jean ($80): Ignore the haters — skinny jeans are here to stay. Command the room when you pair these vintage-inspired bad boys with a ruffle-neck blouse, embroidered ankle boots and asymmetric earrings. And, just for fun, seal the deal with a suede trench and top handle bag (with a faux fur pom, no less) to really make jaws drop.
10. Old Navy Brushed Stand-Collar Coat ($60): Buffalo plaid screams fall and is the ideal partner for every outdoor autumnal activity on your iCal. Translation: Don’t you dare leave home without this cozy number in tow. The only thing missing? An oversized scarf and statement beanie.