The Edit: Every Not-Your-Grandma’s Pearl Necklaces to Buy RN
There’s something undeniably elegant about pearls, which is likely why you’ll find a set in just about every woman’s closet — prepsters and runway obsessives alike. And while we love a single strand, we’re always on the lookout for fashion-forward iterations. Much like mules and hoop earrings, pearls have undergone a major makeover, with new scene-stealing styles popping up almost daily. If you’re ready to upgrade Grandma’s pearls for a necklace with plenty of RN edge, look no further than the 14 options below.
1.Faris Nica Collar ($175): Average simply isn’t in your vocabulary, so naturally a collar necklace that’s equal parts artful and edgy — like this streamlined stunner — would feel right up your alley. Layer it over a sleek mock-neck top for a mod look, or let it play the leading role in your #OOTD by pairing it with a plunging bodysuit.
2. Justine Clenquet Uma Choker ($90): A set of pearls that channels a don’t-mess aesthetic? We’re so there. Justine Clenquet infuses a ladylike necklace with serious tough-girl vibes with a mixed medias, a circular clasp, and pale purple pearls FTW.
3. BLTN Better Late Than Never Pearl Bar Necklace ($178): Minimalist muses, you’ve met your match in this sculptural pendant necklace that’s a true work of art. Let its one-of-a-kind appeal shine by styling it alongside an off-the-shoulder top for your weekly GNO.
4. Chan Luu Freshwater Cultured Pearl Wrap Necklace ($90): Now here’s a pearl necklace that would feel more at home at Coachella or Bonaroo than Sunday lunch at the country club.
5. Kenneth Jay Lane White Pearly Beaded Collar Necklace ($150): Pearls shed their prissy ‘tude in this ultra modern collar that would look equally as elegant with an LBD as it would with a t-shirt and jeans.
6. Jules Smith Dawson Lariat ($75): Customizable and Instababe-approved, this gilded lariat is the perfect addition to your festival or getaway lineup. The pearl pendant can be adjusted to suit different necklines, so whether you’re kickin’ it in a classic silk cami and pleated skirt, or keepin’ it real in a come-hither jumpsuit, this swingy stunner will see you through.
7. Venessa Arizaga Moon Dust Necklace ($225): If ivory feels too traditional for your ultra modern tastes, go for gray instead. This fabulously fierce choker, with its unexpected coloring and shimmery crystal details, offers a bold alternative to standard pearl strands.
8. BaubleBar Asymmetrical Pearl Shower Bib ($48): Not for the wallflower, this bold bib means business. An untamed mix of pearl and crystal accents creates a layered look that is guaranteed to bring the drama to lace dresses and joggers alike.
9. Lele Sadoughi Sands of Time Simulated Pearl Pendulum Necklace ($290): This little ditty is all about the party in the back. The seriously sleek collar features a large pearl drop that hangs delicately below the neck. Go there by wearing it backward with a low slung dress, or keep it classic with a deep v tee.
10. Monday Edition Long Chain Necklace With Big Pearl Pendant ($130): Between the sassy chain and circular clasp detail, this lovely lariat is just about as no-nonsense as they come.
11. Cornelia Webb Gold-Plated Pearl Choker ($240): Upcoming “I dos?” Let pearls be your “something new” by adding this contemporary choker to the mix. The studs are subtle enough to let your gown shine, while adding just the right amount of oomph to your down-the-aisle ensemble.
12. Coopertiva Caralarga Flor Texcoco ($56): Gear up for festival season by adding this tassel-trimmed number to your arsenal stat. The handmade piece was practically made for pairing with crocheted crop tops, ethereal kimonos, and stints at center stage.
13. Joomi Lim Unexpected Fusion Pearl Necklace ($245): In true Joomi Lim fashion, the otherwise understated necklace takes on a totally cool-girl tone with the unexpected addition of edgy gold spikes.
14. Rebecca Minkoff Pearl Collar Necklace ($48): Who needs a whole strand of pearls when this dynamic duo is the epitome of goals? Do your #OOTD following proud by slipping it on with a bright one-shoulder dress and statement mini bag for your bestie’s wedding or a swanky date with your S.O.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.